Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:21 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

I need some advice.... My daughter is 5 months old and she is my first she sleeps in a bassinett right next to my bed and I should put her in her crib now but i cant seem to make that transition.. her crib is in my room also but it is to far from me i think i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on making it easier for me to make my switch

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
soakley
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:15 AM

You may want to try a video moniter. with my son, a video moniter helps because i can see and hear him if i need to so it makes it much easier to not worry through the night.

143JAJL
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Enjoy it!! My baby is 10 month and she sleep with me and I love it :) My husband work at night too. But even when he is home I dont care sleeping with her. Sometime I try to make sure she is deep sleep and I pass her to the crib ( is in my room too).

biznesmom
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 9:00 AM

I actually had to switch my son to the crib before I wanted because he was getting too long for the bassinet. After my first night or two, it got easier. With time you'll feel better. My son sleeps better in his crib for some reason. So you may have an upside! : )

aubreysmomlv
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:39 AM

My baby has slept in her crib in her own room since we brought her home, so I don't know how hard the transition is going to be. But I will tell you that if you buy a monitor, buy a digital monitor. The radio monitors are horrible. Ours picked up some church radio station, and half the time the buzzing feedback was so bad you couldn't hear the baby. With the digital monitor, you can hear everytime your baby moves. I can even hear her breathing if I turn it up.

It won't account for that closeness, but it at least allows you to hear when your baby needs you. Good luck.

kimwilson16
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:43 PM

My son will be six months on the 31st and has been in his crib in his room since he was a little over 4 months. I think we both sleep better now.. I used to jump everytime he moved. I have a baby monitor and I check on him often as well as my other two kids who are 7 and 4. I think it is different for everyone. Good luck.

maybaby22
by Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 1:11 AM

My baby sleeps in a crib at the end of our bed, she is only going to be a baby for a little while so i want her near me as much as possible. But honestly its time to get rid of the bassinet, its probably uncomfortable for baby. Just put her in the crib, you'll get used to it.

ChristinaWO
by Member on Jan. 31, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I don't understand why the crib is  too far away from you? It's not like you have to jump up and be right there as soon as your babygirl makes a noise.

My daughter turns 5 months in a couple af days. I put her in her crib last night in her own room. I have a video moni. on her. I didn't sleep as well as she did but she woke up this morning just as happy as always. If you start feeling nervous about changes your baby is gonna pick up on that and then you are gonna be in trouble!

Trust me you are all gonna be a-okay!! She will loves you the same and she needs the extra room a crib can provide!

Good luck:o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)