Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Night time routine

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:46 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 299 Total Views

Since my son was born in September my night routine has bath, lather him down with lotion/change him, read him a story, feed him and put to bed. A lot of other moms feed before the do the rest of their routine. I nurse so I want to make sure his belly's full before bed, but should I change my routine so when he gets older he doesn't want to eat before bed or does it matter?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luna08
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:36 PM

idk, but thats my rutine for my dd, shes 5 months now, so heres a bump

mommytobobby
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:13 PM

i wouldn't think so. but i'm not sure. first time mommy hear, and that's my routine too. so...

bump

tippymorgan08
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Our son is 5 months old and we read to him first, then bathe him, then I nurse him and burp him and change him, and then lay him down.

I am a Christian, natural birthing, delayed cord clamping, breastfeeding, holistic circumcising, extended rear facing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, baby wearing, selectively vaccinating, Obama supporting, full time working, happily married, Texas momma!
cherylynn23
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 7:46 AM

my son'sroutine is...he gets his baths bout 4 times a week due to not liking them andit takes daddy and i both to bathe him,if he sees or hears the water running for it he starts screaming bloody murder,then i lotion him up,pouder,clean diaper and bottle.he gets his last bottle for the day between 8 and 9 and in bed for the night at 10.with a clean diaper.i don't think it matters at this age whether you feed him close to bed or not.his routine will keep changing with age.

biznesmom
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:39 AM

My son is four months, I feel like maybe I'm doing something wrong. Hearing every ones routines. My son doesn't really have one. I do quite time with him, he eats at 9pm almost every night. If not he doesn't sleep very long at all. He still gets up throughout the night "not to jinx myself" He is getting better. Just once lately! We can't give him a bath everyday because he has seborrhea and it's pretty bad, the water and soaps drys him out. I was working nights so I couldn't really establish a routine and my husband didn't feel comfortable bathing him by his self. Now that I am home again I hope I can get him where he needs to be. I still swaddle him, that way he knows it's time for bed. Does anyone else still swaddle there babies?

katy1980
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 9:00 AM
Hi! I am doing the same routine as you - bath, story, nursing. I am also cnfused, because I started her on once a day cereal at night, which is usually around our dinner time - 7.0 pm and then feeding her before bed again. Should I just feed her the cereal with milk before bed time?
NicoleL15
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:40 AM

My daughter just turned 5 months and the doc told me that for the next couple of nights don't be surprised if she doesn't want to sleep through the night or becomes fussy.  This may be due to growth, teething, etc...  Our routine is just quiet time and feeding.  She is on baby food now so around 530-600 pm we eat dinner, around 700 she gets a bottle and is usually in bed around 730-745.  Don't be too concerned about what will happen in the future or will they be  dependant on eating right before bed.  My 2 1/2 year old son did the same as my daughter and he isn't dependant upon eating right before bed.  At each stage they move into - things change, especially when solid food is introduced.  Hope this helps and good luck...  :)

Sydneysmommy200
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I'd say just do whats comfortable with you and your baby.. they will change their own routine as they grow.. I say your doing great mamas keep up the good work

Tymom24
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:49 PM

I have a 5 month old and I was told that my baby isn't old enough for cereal to replace a meal, so it's good that you feed her milk or formula after the cereal too...;)

Tymom24
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Quoting randimae:

Since my son was born in September my night routine has bath, lather him down with lotion/change him, read him a story, feed him and put to bed. A lot of other moms feed before the do the rest of their routine. I nurse so I want to make sure his belly's full before bed, but should I change my routine so when he gets older he doesn't want to eat before bed or does it matter?

My routine was the same as yours too. I have recently changed to feeding him before I start my routine. The first night he was a little confused. The next night and there after he was fine and adapted quickly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)