Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

alone in the house

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:59 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 245 Total Views

Hey, I was just curious who else gets anxious once in a while when your dh is not at home at night, esp. for long stretches like training or deployment!  I keep getting those chills every once in a while and wanted to know what you ladies do to make yourself feel better other than checking every room, window and door five times! lol

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MOMmy432
by Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:02 PM

When my husband first left I felt the same way. We live in a nice neighborhood, but I guess I watched way too much CSI and my imagination runs wild at night! Lol! But I always locked everything at night, always took in my garage door opener, and left the light on outside. I also picked up some over the counter sleep aid, Unisom, and took it when needed for the first month. Also my sister told me that if I ever hear anything, before I go check on it, call her, anytime. That way IF something happened she would know. It helped a lot just to know that I had someone.   HTH!

Golden3
by Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Sometimes I get like that even when my husband is home. I was a single mom for a long time and it's never seemed to completly go away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)