Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:26 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 413 Total Views

My husband and I had been looking forward to our chance to change our lives for our families until the day he left for basic. Now, he's telling me that he regrets it and wishes he was home with us instead of there. I'm praying to God that it's just because it's still early, he's only been there a week and that he just misses us and not actually regretting it. I don't know what to do. I don't want him to feel this way. Is it normal?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
barmelino
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:50 AM

It can't be easy for anyone to be away from their family. Hopefully soon he will start bonding with his peers and building that "army family." I would tell him to keep trying and to try thinking of the positives. Army life isn't for everyone and unfortunately there is always a lot of  "missing your family" that comes with the job- if its not for him at the end of it all, he'll need to talk to someone.

My husband hated basic training but really has a passion for the army. I'm wishing you the best of luck- try to keep positive.

magenl
by Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:10 AM

wow you got to talk to him so soon?!

He prolly just misses yall and hes going through major lifestyle changes that hes not used to. I always hear people say basic and first deployment are always the hardest. People have also told me the first three years of army life your going to love it and then hate it and then like it again and then go back to hating it....its alla process and might take some time to get used to.

hopefully he bonds with some people there and time will go by faster:) just tell him you support him and everything will be ok:)

good luck to yall!!!

come homearmytoddler girlteen girl

Armygirl2299703
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I would think it's pretty normal.It's not easy being away from your family, and then add on that basic is pretty hard work for anyone and it just makes being away form home and family a little more stressful. Hopefully he'll start getting to know some of his peers and that'll make it a little easier for him. I agree what a previous poster said about going back and forth about liking/disliking army life....I'm in a hate stage right now but it's due to us living apart right now.Once I make the move I'll be in like with it again.lol

armygirl giving flowerProud Girlfriend to a wonderful man...he's everything I've wanted in a partner & more & we can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together.I'm also a proud mommy to a beautiful little girl named, Lyric Marie.I love you both sooo very much!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)