Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OPERATIONHOMEFRONT.COM

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2007 at 11:22 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 1290 Total Views
CHECK OUT THIS SITE LADIES. THIS IS FOR ALL SOLDIERS AND THEIR DEPENDANTS AND IT'S LEGIT. THEY HELP YOU WITH PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING WHETHER YOUR SOLDIER IS DEPLOYED OR NOT.
by on Aug. 8, 2007 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nyke1
by on Aug. 10, 2007 at 7:10 PM
SO I APPLIED ONLINE AND HAVE TO DRIVE DOWN TO CAMP PENDELTON ON SUNDAY FOR MY GURLS BACKPACKS (INCLUDING SCHOOL SUPPLIES). YAY

~NYKESHA~

(words I live by)

RESPECT IS A REQUIREMENT...NOT AN OPTION!

megangel
by Member on Oct. 19, 2007 at 12:18 PM

thanks for letting us know about that web site. i called and they were so help-full.

kmarlar
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2008 at 6:39 PM

what exactly do they do?

lyndsey_h
by on Nov. 12, 2008 at 1:09 AM

I think it's .net???

http://www.operationhomefront.net/

As soon as we get married in December I am registering for sure! Thanks for posting

in love                 patriotic                                  

Engaged to my hero                   Hooah    

QDiGi81
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 5:22 AM

Quoting kmarlar:

what exactly do they do?

This is copied from their website

Mission Statement

Operation Homefront provides emergency assistance and morale to our troops, to the families they leave behind and to wounded warriors when they return home. A nonprofit 501(c)(3), Operation Homefront leads more than 4,500 volunteers in 30 chapters nationwide and has provided critical assistance to more than 45,000 military families in need. Operation Homefront also operates an online magazine for military wives and women in uniform. Through this community, we reach the newest and youngest military families, instantly alerting them about our programs and other information to help them succeed in military life.

How We Help

Operation Homefront provides aid to families struggling not only with emergencies, but also with the problems of everyday life. Existing programs include:

• Emergency Aid — Provides food, baby care items, vehicle donation and repair.
  • Computer Program — Allows children and spouses to stay in touch with their loved ones.
  • Financial Assistance Program — Addresses crises such as illness, homelessness and death.
  • Furniture Program — Donates household and baby furniture; working-order appliances.
  • Moving — Provides physical labor for families when a service member is deployed.
  • Social Outreach — Offers Adopt-a-family opportunities, Thanksgiving/holiday baskets, back-to-school supplies.
  • Community — Rebuilds the challenged social network of the military community by bringing it to our online magazine where it is convenient to everyone, no matter the time or location.

Some of our most outstanding accomplishments are:

• We received the prestigious Charity Navigator’s 4-Star rating for conscientious stewardship.
  • We donated more than $5 million to military families in crisis.
  • We provided goods and services valued at more than $6.5 million to assist military families.
  • We delivered more than 20,000 care packages to soldiers abroad.
  • We delivered more than 2,500 packages to military families at home.
  • We helped more than 3,000 families receive vehicle donations or repairs.
  • We delivered more than 20,000 backpacks to military children headed back to school.
  • We operate only on 8 percent overhead; 92 cents of every dollar raised directly supports those in need.

A proud participant in the America Supports You program, Operation Homefront is one of only a handful of charities to have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Department of Defense.

Hello! I'm a Pro Choice Christian, Anti-Obama, World of Warcraft playing, CIO, FF is easier than BF, former nanny, miscarriage surviving, clomid junkie, Proud Army wife, and TP inspecting kind of girl. And I like to sing out of tune on purpose. If anything about me offends you, too bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)