Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HOT SEAT.....CAN YOU HANDLE THE HEAT???

OK THE RULES TO THIS GAME ARE SIMPLE. YOU ASK A QUESTION AND THE PERSON WHO READS IT HAS TO REPLY TO IT. THEN AFTER THEY REPLY TO IT THEY HAVE TO POST A QUESTION AND THE NEXT PERSON HAS TO REPLY TO IT THEN LEAVE A QUESTION OF THEIR OWN. FOR EXAMPLE I LEAVE THIS QUESTION:

HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU HAVE?

SOMEBODY WILL THEN ANSWER THAT QUESTION AND THEN LEAVE A QUESTION FOR THE NEXT PERSON TO ANSWER.

SO YOU GUYS GOT IT??? COOL LET'S GET THIS THING STARTED.

MY QUESTION IS WHERE IS YOUR DREAM DUTY STATION??

by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 12:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
armywife_mom28
by Group Admin on Mar. 3, 2009 at 7:41 AM

yes I do. My heart goes out to them

what rank is ur soldier? 

Come Check out my group

http://www.cafemom.com/group/no_brat_like_military_brats

lacey82606
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Quoting armywife_mom28:

yes I do. My heart goes out to them

what rank is ur soldier? 

my soldier is a lowly PFC! and classing up in about six weeks. i could not be more proud of him!

Are people in your town military friendly? (most people that see him in uniform here are very nice to us...)

ProudArmyWife88
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Yes and no. They are so used to seeing soldiers, its like seeing the same person over and over and over lol, but in our home town we dont have any active duty bases, so when he wears his uniform, he gets hellos and thank yous and sometimes free pop from the gas station lol. 

Is your husband a lifer? 

Wife to Thomas-June 3,2006

Mother to Kyla-December 23, 2006 & Marissa-October 22, 2008

in love

toddler girl  baby girl

Brandeigh
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 11:13 AM

He hasnt decided yet how long he wants to stay in. He  has just started his AIT in Ft. Sam Houston. So it is still a whole new world for us.

What is the longest period of time you've been away from your husband?

3TIlovemybabies
by Group Owner on Mar. 3, 2009 at 12:54 PM

MY HUBBY WAS DEPLOYED FOR 16 MONTHS TO AFGHANISTAN.  HE LEFT RIGHT BEFORE OUR FIRST WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. HE GOT R&R IN JUST ENOUGH TIME FOR OUR SON TO BE BORN BUT HE MISSED ALMOST EVERYTHING.

IF YOU COULD STEP INTO YOUR HUSBAND'S SHOES FOR ONE DAY WOULD YOU?

Mrs.Williamson
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I WOULD I TRIED SO HARD TO GO INTO THE MILITARY WHEN I WAS YOUNGER BUT I HAVE SEIZURES AND THEY WOULDN'T LET ME. PLUS IT WOULD GET ME BACK INTO SHAPE.!! HOWEVER I REALLY THINK I AM THE STRONGER PERSON BETWEEN MY HUBBY AND I SO I THINK I COULD HANDLE THE DEPLOYEMNT A LOT BETTER THAN HE HAS. HE'S THE TYPE THAT WEARS HIS HEART ON HIS SLEEVE FOR THE WORLD TO SEE.

MY QUESTION; HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT THERE IS MORE COMPETITION BETWEEN THE LEFT BEHIND ARMY SPOUSES THAN THERE EVER WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL?

EXPLAIN REASON FOR QUESTION: MY HUBBY AND HIS BF ARE IN SAME UNIT, SAME RANK, SAME MONEY, BOTH MARRIED W/ CHILD UNDER AGE 1. BUT SOME REASON. MANDI AND I ARE ALWAYS BICKERING ABOUT SOMETHING TO DO W/ THE GUYS. MY HUBBY GOT PROMOTED A WEEK BEFORE HERS, BUT HERS WENT IN TO SERVICE 2 WEEKS BEFORE MINE! SHE THOUGHT THAT WAS SHITTY AND GOT PISSED OFF AND WOULDN'T TALK TO ME ABOUT IT. ETC.. THAT KIND OF THING!

come hometoddler boyhappy veterans day 

Kelli, Tucker and Corey Williamson

EliseSantos
by on Mar. 17, 2009 at 1:53 PM

OMG it happened all the time while he was gone and its still going on!!!! i dont understand all that cause im not that way.

my question: did you ever think that this is what the army life was going to be like??? like did you think it was going to be harder or easier

PvtHolmesWife
by Member on Mar. 19, 2009 at 5:07 PM

oo man... I thought i was going to be a blast! seriously, decient pay, weekends off, seeing your man in his ACU's after work. yeahhh I was wrong.... long days, stinky ACU's, barely seeing him cuz he has to stay after work. And then them going straight to bed cuz he was up still 4 am. then ran 4 miles and worked all day. hmm O ya and the lovely Sgt. that dont' know what there doing! :) Army life gotta love it!

my question: If you knew what life was like being an Army Wife, would you still choose it or would you ask your DH to find another career?

Dantz782
by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 5:20 PM

I would still choose to be an Army Wife.  I try to think of it as an adventure and I know that not all women can handle this life.  I personally love it even though I don't get to see my man all of the time, I know that he's happy and that's very important to me. 

My question:  Does your DH plan on retiring from the Army or is this just for a few years?

ArmyWifeSierra
by on Mar. 27, 2009 at 12:23 AM

My husband just left for BCT this morning but I do know he wants to go as far as he can without becoming an Officer. Hes infantry and wants to be at the front of the lines, not "behind them telling everyone what to do"...HIS words, not mine...

My question is this: what do your kids think of "daddy" ( or in my case, STEP-Daddy) being in the Army?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN