Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

COUNTDOWN CALENDAR FOR DAUGHTERS..# of sleepies until daddy leaves

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:05 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 231 Total Views

this is going to be the first time that my 4 younger daughters have dealt with a seperation from their daddy..My 6yr old knows daddy is going to soldier school but each day she asks "how many sleepies until daddy leaves?"  So I made a quick trip to the scrapbooking store and we made a countdown calendar to keep track of our sleepies..

I am going to help her make one after he leaves showing when he will graduate..when he will go to AIT when he will come home for xmas and of course when he is done with AIT...

She was so proud of it we wanted to post a photo..

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MOMmy432
by Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 7:22 AM

That is a great idea. I have three kids ages 3,2, and 4 months. My husband leaves on the 26th for basic, this is the first time he will ever be gone that long. Plus he has been home for almost two years, so we are going from one extreme to another! (He got laid off Oct 2007 and tried to start his own business but it didn't take. Enough to get us by, but not enough to get us ahead!) We have told our kids that Daddy is going to Army School, but they still don't know when, my 3 year old is starting to get nervous, he gets very upset when Charles leaves the house at all. I should set up something like that in our house! Thanks for the idea!

redgeminijen
by Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Quoting MOMmy432:

That is a great idea. I have three kids ages 3,2, and 4 months. My husband leaves on the 26th for basic, this is the first time he will ever be gone that long. Plus he has been home for almost two years, so we are going from one extreme to another! (He got laid off Oct 2007 and tried to start his own business but it didn't take. Enough to get us by, but not enough to get us ahead!) We have told our kids that Daddy is going to Army School, but they still don't know when, my 3 year old is starting to get nervous, he gets very upset when Charles leaves the house at all. I should set up something like that in our house! Thanks for the idea!

you are welcome...I bought a huge book of random stickers for the girls to use to mark off each night...I let the 4 little ones each pick a sticker to mark off that sleepie before bed time...of course at this point my 6 and 3 yr old are excited but I think eventually as we get close to the leave date they won't be in such a hurry to add their sleepie stickers...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)