Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New member welcome!

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 3:00 PM
  • 128 Replies
  • 2161 Total Views

Hi,
   This  is a place for new members to say say hi & share alittle about yourselves if you'd like.  I'm looking forward t omeeting everyone & sharing tips, tricks, recipes & ideas.  Please have fun with the group.Laughing

by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
austindeana
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 10:21 AM

HI I'M DEANA I HAVE 3 KIDS 3 AND UNDER! I WOULD LOVE TO LEARN HOW TO CAN AND BE ABLE TO SHARE IT WITH MY KIDS ONE  DAY.

GardenLovingMom
by Member on Apr. 23, 2007 at 3:12 AM

Hello there! i know i've already made a post- but i'd still like to formally introduce myself :)

I live in mid-west Minnesota

i am a 23 yr old SAHM to a 3 yr old son. He is my everything :) he is beautiful and charming and CRAZY smart

We live with my boyfriend of almost 6 yrs (his father)

I love to garden (i'm starting heirloom tomatoes from seed this year!) and just started canning my own veggies last year and i love it!

I grew up with my parents raising all our veggies and meat and i remember summer and fall being busy helping mom can and freeze everything. i didn't understand then, but i do now! My dream is to eventually get our home in the country and be able to grow and can/freeze ALL our own veggies

I am looking forward to learning tips and recipes!

GardenLovingMom

aka Serianna

butterfly7
by Member on Apr. 25, 2007 at 7:52 PM
Hi, I'm 33 fixing to be 34Surprised! I have a seven year old step-daughter and have been married for 3 years. I have Fibromyalgia and working on SSD, which I hate. So I have always wanted to learn to can! I have the book, Canning for Dummies, it really is a good book. Canning is unforunatly a thing of the past. My grandmothers both passed when I was young and loved to can. I have allot of their coking items, they work better than the new gadgets today! So I'm here to learn, have fun, and help where I can!
Monique~
NATnALsMOM
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2007 at 10:51 AM
Hi there:

I've been wanting to learn to can for quite a while now.  I heard about this group from Monique(above) and am excited that there is now a place to learn to can.  YEAH!!!

I'm also working on SSD due to FM and MS.  I've got 2 kids and a DH.  I'm 39, but will be 40 in about a month.

Looking forward to learning something new.
KATIEBUGSMOM
by New Member on May. 9, 2007 at 8:16 AM
Hello,  My name is Toni  and I am 41 yrs old. I am a sahm , though not by choice,  I am on ssd.  It is for my diabities and othe rthings that are wrong with me,  however I can do some things that I love .   Raising a garden is one of them and I love to have food that I grow in the winter, I am glad to haev found this group.  Thank you for making it happen... 
little-princess
by Group Owner on May. 9, 2007 at 10:48 AM
Sorry it's taken me so long  to post in here.  Shame on meWink  Welcome to the group ladies.  I hope you enjoy the group & canning as much as I do.
mamasongs
by on May. 10, 2007 at 2:53 PM
Hi I just found this group. thankfully. Icanned as kid, and my hubby wants to try and do it this year. Iam having a hard time remembering a lot of stuff. But, the garden is in the ground, last tear we froze are harvest, hoping to be able to can as well.
caednkat
by New Member on May. 20, 2007 at 2:46 PM
Hi, I'm Mandi a 26 year old mom to two kids.  I've been with my husband for 12 years, married to him for 7 1/2.

I've been canning for about 7 years.  I love it!  I really enjoy the whole process, but I really love seeing the jars lined up one the counter and hearing the pop of the lids.  It's a great feeling!

Neither of my grandmother's canned, nor did my mother.  It was just something I always wanted to do.  I feel like so many other things it is a dying art.
little-princess
by Group Owner on May. 21, 2007 at 10:38 AM

Quoting caednkat:

Hi, I'm Mandi a 26 year old mom to two kids.  I've been with my husband for 12 years, married to him for 7 1/2.

I've been canning for about 7 years.  I love it!  I really enjoy the whole process, but I really love seeing the jars lined up one the counter and hearing the pop of the lids.  It's a great feeling!

Neither of my grandmother's canned, nor did my mother.  It was just something I always wanted to do.  I feel like so many other things it is a dying art.

True, and it's such a shame as it is so much better for you than the canned foods you get from the store.
smartiemouth
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2007 at 10:33 AM
My name is Sonia and I really like to can but am a nervous nellie about sealing.  I live in Virginia with my hubby and 4 kids : )
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)