Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preserving Pears

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2010 at 3:02 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 363 Total Views

Help!  I've been canning pears (vanilla, regular, dehydrating) and still have about 70 lbs left!  I want to try something different with them.  Does anyone have a nice pear recipe for canning?  I looked at a recipe for brandied pears and it looked a little gross......but I'd try it if someone else said they were good. 

by on Sep. 6, 2010 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
4time-mom
by on Sep. 6, 2010 at 4:05 PM

What about pear sauce? I don't have a recipe but I'd cook them like applesauce and can it like applesauce. I've made apple pear sauce before and we like it but I didn't can it.

zoeysmom331
by Member on Sep. 13, 2010 at 3:36 PM

what about pear jam? I'm sure there is a recipe out there somewhere.

Spring4398
by Member on Sep. 14, 2010 at 12:54 AM

I ended up doing apple-pear sauce, vanilla pears, regular pears and cinnamon pears.  Plus dehydrated them.

sportsgrandma
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2010 at 9:41 PM

BUMP!

mommynewc
by Member on Sep. 25, 2010 at 8:49 AM

pear butter

Wash 4 quart of pears and cut them up like you would for applesauce, cook with a small amount of water, until soft. Put them through a sieve. To the pulp add 4 cups sugar and mix well. Pour into an oven proof container and place in a 350 degree oven for 3 hours. It is best not to double the recipe but you could have several batches going at the same time . Pour into clean jars and process like you would jam. This is a family favorite.

oredeb
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:53 PM

pear butter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN