Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is a silly question

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 168 Total Views

I shred bulk cheese instead of buying the bags.  I just want to get this right, can i make my own "taco cheese" by simply adding taco seasoning to my shredded cheese?  I am fairly certain that is what I do but just needed some input. 

Thanks ladies!

Theresaconfused

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MessedUpMama
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Hmm, I've never made taco flavored cheese. I'm not sure what you are going to do with it. If you are putting it on tacos it would be better to flavor the meat. If you are going to melt the cheese to use in a sauce of so kind, then adding the seasonings would be fine, I think. Dry seasoning will not stick well to the cheese unless the cheese is melted. Good luck.

beckolette
by New Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM

That is how it is done. I would spread the cheese out and sprinkle lightly. This way you can see how much you are putting on. To just add spices to the bag will cause it to stick to some and not all. 

redtree5
by New Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Thank you, we usually buy the prepackaged shredded taco cheese for our tacos. However since I have started shredding the cheese myself i didn't want to buy it special. i will let you know how it goes for me.

MessedUpMama
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I see. Well, usually the prepackaged pre-shreded cheese for taco is just regular cheese. It is usually two or three types of cheese. I would check a package to see what is in it and then buy those kinds of cheese to shred yourself. As far as I know, the cheese isn't flavored or seasoned at all. However, I haven't bought prepackaged pre-shreded cheese in a very long time so there could be all kinds of things out there that I have absolutely no idea they even exist. LOL

kearaloves1
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM

no this isnt a silly question.....and i wish i knew the answer to this! what your thinkning doesnt sound like a bad idea though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)