Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any tips on used canning jars?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:38 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 226 Total Views

I am really loving canning, this is my first year, and I am running out of cans and its only my first processed batch!!! I was wondering if any of you ladies had any suggestions on where to find reasonably priced used canning jars? I have already posted on the freecycle group in my area and have been scouring yard sales for them but am not having any luck....so any other ideas would be great! Thanks! Esther

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
michiganmom116
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:08 PM

You're doing what I do!  Yard sales, thrift stores, freecycle, and just plain put the word out that you are in need of canning jars!

excougarmama
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM

And remember when you have saved up your stash you can use it over and over each year.

Also on a sidenote, be sure to run your finger over the rim of the jars before you buy them and check for chips or cracks in the lip. They can easily break or just not seal if they are broken.

HJMT555
by Member on Aug. 6, 2009 at 11:41 PM

In my area Auctions I bought huge boxes for $1 they had at least 20 jars in them and yes make sure they are good with the finger test and dont let your one year olds throw them around little monsters my three sons think they are just another thing to play with lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)