Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi everyone

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 3:36 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 351 Total Views
hey--- i am the biological mom of three girls and the step mom of two boys my new hubby two years ago adopted my girls and now we are one big happy family! Me and the girls came from hell (not an exxageration) we fought the court system for over a year before everything was finalized and thru it all my husband stood by mine and my kids sides.There is life after and it's a great one! Hope to hear more stories like this ( the happy ending I mean) anyone wanna talk just send me a message.
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
wildncrazykate
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2007 at 9:08 PM
Thats awsome it is good to know that there are still some real men out there in our crazy mixed up world!!! About the adoption thing My situation is a bit different than your but maybe you might have some info for me!! I am one that does not think marriage is for me do you know if it is still possible for my boyfriend to adopt my daughter if we are not married? If not what can we do so that he has say in her life?
mommy-of-5
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 5:28 AM
I have a friend that is in the same situation, her boyfriend is actually adopting her daughter ---- I am not sure of the laws in your state but I believe here in Pa that you have to have been living together for at least a year . I know that before my husband adopted my kids that I gave him legal guardianship and believe it or not a simple hand - written paper that said he had the right to make decisions for me in my absence ex. such as emergency room , doctor visits, school etc all we did was I hand wrote it and had it notarized. It didn't give my kids peace of mind like the adoption did but it was a start. Keep in mind also that everything you pay for court fees and lawyer fees are tax deductible also --- you get a credit on your income tax and some employers will also reimburse you for the lawyer fees. There still are some people out there who care enough to help us !!! I hope I was some help --- if you have any other questions just ask ---- I am not a lawyer but I have been thru the ringer so I know alot about stuff I shouldn't!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)