Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why Vote?

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:08 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 352 Total Views
I've been on several different conservative forums lately and there is this tone that most are not going to vote in the next election b/c they don't like any of the choices. I don't know if anyone in here feels the same way but if you do just let me say....The reason to vote is to keep the country from going downhill faster than Jeff Gordon at Indianapolis. A lot of ppl set out of the vote in '06 b/c of frustration. I'm frustrated too but I refuse to turn this country over to the libs without a fight. So I want to urge everyone to vote in 2008! Thank you.
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alie
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 12:59 PM
Don't worry, I'll be voting.=)
EvansMommy716
by Member on Apr. 15, 2007 at 2:17 PM

I will be voting too!

Selena
DS Evan 07-16-05

annielwhite
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 10:18 PM
dude im fukkin voting. are you kidding me. i will never give up that freedom. Fuck that. a bad republican is better then a democrat.

i think im voting for Mccain though [unless someone else is more hardcore]
SoulfulMommy
by Member on Apr. 17, 2007 at 7:05 PM
Oh I am definantly voting not gonna hand hilary or obama that dag gone white house.
Imma...
by on Jun. 24, 2007 at 6:20 AM
Thanks for encouragement Bobbie,  I'll be voting this year, but the outcome of the 2008 election added to the RIGGED election of WA state's govenor I may just call it quits!! 

Even after being on cafemom & myspace I don't find that "more and more" are getting politically involved...but rather "less"....I think our path is that of the Romans.

TAX REFORM!!  We needed it years ago, but now there is a way HR25 and     S1025  FAIR TAX....what presidential candidates are behind it?  IT would give the power back to the people where it is supposed to be in the first place!!
MemawBrie
by on Jun. 24, 2007 at 6:51 AM
I'll vote for a republican regardless of whether I approve of his politics just to keep my vote from going to a Democrat! If any of you thinks your votes don't count, consider this...a candidate can win, or lose by a narrow margin of only ONE vote! Your vote matters!!
mebanese
by on Jun. 24, 2007 at 10:43 PM
i'll tell you "why vote"  because people have DIED to give us the right and privilege of voting.  not only have many men and women given their lives, but during the women's suffrage movement, many women were jailed and beaten almost to death, but kept on fighting.
i know the pool of candidates may not be to our liking, but i tell you what, i would rather have the choice to vote for a moron than not be able to vote at all!
what makes me madder than a hornet is to hear people bitch & gripe & say that they don't have time or don't care about voting.  if they suddenly lost the privilege, they would sure gripe about that, too.
maybe more people need to see movies like "iron-jawed angels" and more filmmakers need to make films about those who fought for women and minorities to be able to vote.  maybe michael moore will put his fat ass to good use and make a movie about the struggles for suffrage that many groups have gone through.
i apologize for ranting like this, but this issue it gets my hackles up.  it is too important to throw it away like it is nothing.
HeritageHottie
by Member on Sep. 28, 2007 at 12:27 AM
Thank you for saying that mebanese. I tend to fall into the category of why? it doesn't count anyway?, but am now dedicated to finding the ways to make it count.

MAKE IT COUNT!

Dream it, Do it. 

Check out my latest project! Baby Jessie

psumom5
by on Sep. 28, 2007 at 8:39 PM
I'm so voting. I hate when people think they are teaching the "Republicans" a lesson..i.e. "Elecetion '06". That is so childish.  We need to take this country back from this radical Democrats and we need to do it before we loose the freedom to do so!!
Alwaysamom25
by New Member on Sep. 28, 2007 at 10:17 PM
Never not gonna vote. ...in other words...It is so extremely important, I am totally with you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)