Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What matters most?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:02 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 1446 Total Views
When you are deciding on the issues that matter most to you....does your political party make more of an influence than it should?
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SoulfulMommy
by Member on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:49 PM
Yes I will be honest it can but truth be told I haven't heard many issues from Dems lately that would better this countrys situation anyways. But I do have my DH to help me in this area he reads everyday and keeps up with news way better then I do and he can help answer questions and let me know about things I may not be aware of.
JenniferK
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:52 PM
Yup, I always vote Pro-Life.
I think I will be S.O.L this election, though. I hear Rudy is Pro-Choice   :(

If there is no candidate in the election the is Pro-Life, this will be the first Presidential election I will not have voted in since I was 18.
annielwhite
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:59 PM
YEA there is. ^^^ there are pro-life men running. The Mormon guy [god whats his name?] Romney? i think. and McCain. i believe is.

My issues are:

Children, I WANT JESSICA'S LAW passed in EVERY state. I want the ACLU Gone, I WANT AL GORE skinned, I want abortion illegal, i want all the immigrants sent back, I want Totally closed borders, more close eye on Arabic speaking "gentlemen" I want liberals gone. I want liberals gone.,.. all the problems would be gone as well.

thats what i want. please give it to me lol
jacqui
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2007 at 1:06 PM
i want way harsher laws reguarding sex offenders, clearer cut legal deffinitions for what is child abuse and more training for investigators, i want abortion after 6 weeks pregnant illegal, i want the aclu way way gone, i want better environmental laws that actually work (in other words not just throwing money at it like gore wants) and lower income tax.

because i'm sure some do not agree with me on some of my other views i won't voice the rest of them
jacqui
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2007 at 1:09 PM

Quoting SoulfulMommy:

Yes I will be honest it can but truth be told I haven't heard many issues from Dems lately that would better this countrys situation anyways.

that is because it is easier for them to complain about things then to vote to talk about voting about voting for a vote that will stop another vote  to actually fix things.
jules3147
by Group Owner on Mar. 23, 2007 at 1:14 PM
For me....I try not be to so biased.  I try to hear their issues and responses without knowing their party affiliation.  Which is next to impossible.  But it's almost like a game to me because it always turns out that EVERYONE I agree with is a Republican....and they are always considered more conservative.  When it comes to all the issues that are on the front burner I always always lean towards the republican party
goodasitgets
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2007 at 2:21 PM

Quoting JenniferK:

Yup, I always vote Pro-Life.
I think I will be S.O.L this election, though. I hear Rudy is Pro-Choice   :(

If there is no candidate in the election the is Pro-Life, this will be the first Presidential election I will not have voted in since I was 18.
There really is not a major candidate currently that is truly a  conservative.  This is a BIG problem for me. Another list has introduced me to another option; Sam Brownback...he's the one I would like to vote for.  I find it difficult to say  I would vote for no one if there is not a Pro-Life  candidate, as I too feel very strongly about that issue;  however, I am afraid of the alternative.  While I don't want to send Republican candidates a message by  voting for them even if they don't outwardly support the conservative options I favor, I also don't want to risk putting a truly disastrous Democrat in the office by virtue of default.  I can't imagine how much damage would be done to our country and world even in one term by either top Democratic candidate. Why are the Republican candidates getting so liberal?  Why have they abandoned their conservative base? 
jennih77
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2007 at 2:24 PM
Pro-life is a big one for me, but I have to say that I don't think it will ever be overturned completely. . .so I would vote for someone who is pro-choice just as the lesser of two evils. (A pro-choice republican is not going to mess with abortion--it would upset their voting block--they would probably just avoid it altogether)
I want someone who has a plan for Iraq. . .not just to pull out.  A huge thing for me is the UN. . .can't stand them so I want someone who is not going to bow their knee to them.  Of course I would love to see the ACLU gone too but I'm not sure that will ever happen.
I love immigration, but I don't want illegals in this country.  They should follow the rules like everyone else!
Tax cuts would be nice too!
usmcwife0311
by Member on Mar. 23, 2007 at 2:51 PM
for me, abortion and our borders are pretty big issues for me (especially the borders, I live in so. cal and it drives me crazy that I can't go anywhere without hearing Spanish) But my main issue is the war and homeland security.  I don't want our troops pulled out as fast as the Dems want.  I believe if we did that, the reprocussions would be far worse than we could imagine.  People always ask me, well, don't you want your husband home soon? and I say, well of course I do, but he's over there for a reason and I don't believe he should be sent home because some stupid politicians think thats the right thing to do when we all know damn well its not.  We need a president who is willing to keep the troops there until Iraq can stand on it's own 2 feet, but is a fresh mind to come up with a new plan to speed up the process.  I like Guiliani as far as that goes, but I'm not exactly fond of his abortion views..  "I'm pro-life in my personal life, but believe every woman has the right to choose"   He said that in an interview on Fox News...  I also like Romney but I'm wondering if his plan for Iraq being seperated into 3 states would only be a temporary fix or not.  I'm going to have to do a little more research before I completely make up my mind!
SoulfulMommy
by Member on Mar. 23, 2007 at 3:49 PM

Quoting annielwhite:

YEA there is. ^^^ there are pro-life men running. The Mormon guy [god whats his name?] Romney? i think. and McCain. i believe is.

My issues are:

Children, I WANT JESSICA'S LAW passed in EVERY state. I want the ACLU Gone, I WANT AL GORE skinned, I want abortion illegal, i want all the immigrants sent back, I want Totally closed borders, more close eye on Arabic speaking "gentlemen" I want liberals gone. I want liberals gone.,.. all the problems would be gone as well.

thats what i want. please give it to me lol

You want all that vote for me!!! I will give it to you rofl. me too hun me too but realistically I want someone who will keep protecting us from terrorists and who will work on the health care plan that Bush offered and I do agree with the Jessica's Law we really need that. Immigrants need to go but no ones gonna do that if Bush wont I am not sure who will.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)