Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome! Introduce Yourself!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2007 at 9:56 AM
  • 284 Replies
  • 6870 Total Views
Hi everyone -

I'm a mother of a 3-month old little boy. I've lived in Park Slope for 4 years. I'm looking forward to meeting some of my neighbors!

I've gotten some great advice so far on CafeMom, but there are some things only other Brooklyn moms can understand. I look forward to learning and sharing with you.

by on Feb. 7, 2007 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
klieser
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2007 at 1:16 PM
Hello all Brooklyn moms, my name is Kelly and I am a mother of two beautiful children, Julianne who is 12 years old in 7th grade, and Nicolas who is 3. I am a stay at home mom and I live in Dyker Heights. I can't wait to get to know all the other Brooklyn Moms in cafemom.
EliandAri4Eva
by on Feb. 15, 2007 at 10:05 AM
Im Eli, I have a beautiful 3 1/2 Month old daughter named Arianna. Ive lived in Brooklyn off and on for all my life and moved around nyc. I am dying to meet some new mommies like me. I never knew I could feel so excluded from non parents before lol.
BrooklynMaMa
by on Feb. 15, 2007 at 5:44 PM

Salutations! I have a newborn, Ivy, who's 9 weeks old. I've lived in Brooklyn for the last 7 years, 5 in Kensington and 2 in Fort Greene. I'm looking forward to meeting some mommies in my area to share the experiences with!

zeemack
by on Feb. 21, 2007 at 11:25 AM

Hi - I'm mom to a 10-year-old wonder boy and battling the dreaded Middle School Mania. We suffered through the 4th grade tests including the lemming-inspired hiring of a tutor; this school year we interviewed, toured, made copies of every important paper complete with doctor's explanations why he missed school, submitted, tested, and now await auditions and further tests. So if this is in your future, I might be able to talk you off the ledge.

We live in the South Slope and with mixed feelings are watching the growth/gentrification we watched on 5th Avenue in Center Slope. It includes a new wine bar, restaurant, cafe, upgraded grocery, loss of parking spots, traffic congestion, yadda, yadda. Glad to hear from other Brooklyn moms.

Nasilele
by on Mar. 18, 2007 at 5:44 PM

A brooklyn Mama here! Going through the trials of finding and "Amazing" kindergarten for my little man, running a photography business and being a mom in a fast paced city!

So glad there is a group for BK mommys :)

cafemama
by Group Owner on Mar. 19, 2007 at 2:14 PM
Welcome everyone! Feel free to add posts about Brooklyn, your kids, or anything else that you want to hear responses from Brooklyn moms about!
mateo126
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 10:24 AM
hi my name is peggy & im am motha of 1 gorgeous boy matthew.he is 14 months soon 2 be 15.i live in bklyn and love it.so im glad 2 be part of this group for bklyn.please feel free 2 stop by my page page anytyme.lata
lexa1
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 9:17 PM

hey everyone just stoping in to say hello.  I am new to this group and site so u now i had to search for a bk group.  I have a tenth month old son and i am a stay at home mom.  I live in Williamsburg bk ...so hope i get to talk to some moms from my area.

ausmama
by on May. 1, 2007 at 3:13 PM
Hi everyone Smile.. im not only new to brooklyn (though i have been here a few times), but also to the US. Been here for 2-3 months.. from Australia..

I'm finding many things totally insanely different.. the school system, doctors, people in general. Would be nice to meet/chat with some fun, interesting people!

I have 3 children, though my older two are in australia with my exhusband. My new husband and i have a 4 and a half year old together.. who is the centre of our lives. sometimes not by choice !

I love to cook, take photos (of which I am no professional, but have a great time doing), and drink wine. Sometimes I do all three at the same time Tongue out

Hope everyone is having a nice afternoon/morning/evening.. whenever it is you read this :)

Michaela
ajm_mommy
by on May. 11, 2007 at 3:07 PM
Hi girls! I just found out I am moving to Brooklyn in less than two weeks! I love the city, but am nervous about raising a toddler there! I am a 26 yr. old SAHM, married, and have a 22 month old son named Aidan. Looking forward to getting to know some other moms in Brooklyn! Trisha and Aidan 7.28.05
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)