Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite chef?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 4:20 PM
  • 24 Replies
  • 673 Total Views
So, who's your favorite Food Network chef?

I'd have to go with Alton Brown - LOVE his Good Eats!!!  My husband got me hooked on both cooking and the Food NEtwork by introducing me to Emeril, so I've got a soft spot for him, too.  My kids (and hubby now) would probably argue that Rachel Ray is the best, but I think that's just cause they think she's cute.  I DO like her 30 Minute Meals, though.

Is bad when your kids would rather watch Food Network than cartoons sometimes?? Tongue out  That's how much we watch at our house!!! LOL.
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama2Aiden
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2007 at 4:22 PM
I love Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, Sandra Lee, and Quick Fix Meals with Robbin Miller...my son, who is a year and a half literally RUNS into the living room when he hears Rachael Ray come on, we joke that she's his girlfriend!! =)
ajunebugfan
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 4:31 PM
OMG!!  I completely forgot about Paula Deen (don't know how I could do that!!!).  Being from the South, she fits right into my kitchen.  Plus her sons are nice, handsome boys that totally worship their momma.  Too bad I couldn't have married into THAT family!  LOL!
NanaBanana
by Group Owner on Mar. 24, 2007 at 8:59 AM
When Rachel first started on the Food Network and there was this huge buzz about her my DH came home from work one day and said who the hell is Rachael Ray and I told him she had a new show on the Food Network well he says that the guys at work were passing around a magazine with her pictures in it and drooling- I had no idea what it was about so I went online and googled it and she had done a tasteful but erotic photo spread in some magazines -it was really strange that that cute little girl on the food network turned out to be who they were slobbering over-GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! LOL They weren't bad pics just suggestive-  LOL
NanaBanana
by Group Owner on Mar. 24, 2007 at 9:02 AM
I think that is why I love her sooo much because she and her boys are sooo close and I have three sons- and live in the south-she cooks the kinds of foods that we like to eat and I find her the most entertaining of the chefs on the food network-I really love her magazines and cookbooks too1
NanaBanana
by Group Owner on Mar. 24, 2007 at 9:04 AM
My Dh also actually pays attention to what I am watching when her show comes on funny that he could care less when I am watching any other food network show!LOL
NanaBanana
by Group Owner on Mar. 24, 2007 at 9:06 AM
I would say Paula Deen because she cooks food from the south and I find her very entertaining! I love the personal family stuff included in her programs also!
my2sweeties07
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 11:13 AM
I would have to say first it would be Rachael Ray,then Emril,and then Alton Alton.
I have 4 of Rachael's cook book and I get her Magazine. If i would let myself I think I would have all of her cookbooks!!lol
irishscarlet
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2007 at 12:41 AM
I love Paula Deen. I have everyone of her cookbooks and she reminds  me of my  Aunt Helen.She was a funny lady just like Paula!
USMCMusica03
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2007 at 9:49 AM
I love Giada De Laurentiis on Everyday Italian, and Paula Deen's show, Paula's Home Cooking. Both have simple and delicious recipies .. I have used multiple recipies from Giada for entertaining and love Paula's recipie for southern mac n' cheese.
heather72761
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2007 at 12:11 AM
I am so into paula and Emeril it is not funny those are Mine and Freds favorites. oh we love there live shows.  my kids favorite is the show before emeril live that shows how they make what we eat. can't think of the name of it now but i love it. and iron chef. and alton brown. that about covers it. all of the shows are pretty good. oh and Maggie my 2 yr old Loves to sit and watch rachel ray....probably cause rachel is her sisters name not sure. . and if she is in another room and hears emeril come on she comes runnning in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)