Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello I am new to the group....

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 10:50 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 259 Total Views

I have many anxieties and also OCD I also have family members who have the same...my grandmother has altzheimers disease.  Day to day is so difficult for me I've tried the medications...hate the side effects..I've been taking paprin (i know its for menstual crams) but works like xanax..just makes me feel more relaxed I know its wrong but don't know what to do..any suggestions? 
Thank you.

by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
HOTMAMA76
by Group Owner on Apr. 14, 2007 at 6:29 PM
it's not wrong to try and make yourself feel better see your doctor and they can help you i am on zoloft i was on paxil but it made me gain alot of weight!
primamomma
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2007 at 4:14 PM
I'm new to the group as well!  My name is Andrea.  I have never heard of taking pamprin, but hey if it works and is not dangerous, then it is worth a try. 

I know there are a lot of OTC/Vitamin/Mineral/Herbal suggesstions out there.  One that I use with mild success is called Bach's Rescue Remedy.  It comes in a drop form that you put on your tongue.  I got it at GNC.  I never take the full does, so that is why I say mild success.  It does take the edge off and make me feel a bit calmer when I am starting to feel anxious though.  So maybe that is something to look into.  They have a website if you just google the name of it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)