Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interesting change of events...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2010 at 4:43 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 315 Total Views

Let me reintroduce myself - my name is Sara, 31 and currently 36 weeks pregnant. Have had anxiety/panic for about 10 yrs. Now here is my new challenge - last week while having a routine OB appt my blood pressure was high (I have a family history of high blood pressure) so they kept me to monitor me and baby. While there the docs  ordered an MRI because I was feeling slight numbness/tingling on my left side of my face. Not only did the find my brain but, they found a tumor behind my left ear. While the docs don't think the tumor is cancerous they do have to remove it surgically. So in about 3 weeks I will deliver my son by c-section and then a month afterwards have this surgery. Docs think that I have had this growth for years and with pregnancy hormones it caused it to grow fast. I guess my son is already taking care of his Mama. Anyway I do NOT write this for sympathy (but a nice prayer or 5 million is always nice) I'm come as encouragement...with this challenge I have found the strength I lost that the anxiety took away. I'm not saying I will be sailing around the world but, a little of the old me has come back and she is better than ever, at least I think. Now I'm not saying to get a brain tumor to feel better all I want is for each and everyone of you to remember that you have a strong person in you, all she needs is for you to remember that she is there. Good luck to you all and take care of yourself.

by on Jul. 24, 2010 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LovinMyBabies18
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I will most definitely keep you in my prayers!.....praying for a safe delivery healthy baby and fast recovery as well as your surgery to remove this tumor. good luck and keep us posted

SweetPeasMom418
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Thank you for sharing.  I will pray for you and your baby.  

MOMOF2INTR
by Member on Aug. 4, 2010 at 9:55 PM

You are in my prayers.  best wishes to you and your new addition to your family....May you always be blessed and always stay strong...

3Beautiful_Bugs
by Member on Jan. 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Hi NeNe, I just came upon this post.

By now you must have undergone your surgery? How did it go? How are you feeling?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)