Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Low Blood Pressure

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:49 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 366 Total Views

So, having this little anxiety disorder is the pits right?! I went to the Dr because I keep feeling lightheaded and i was losing my hair for awhile and now think its due to just being postpartum. But I wanted to make sure that it wasn't my thyroid and when they did their routine blood pressure check it was something like 90/60. The Dr said "that is what we call Hypotension" and I asked if i should be worried or if there's anything I can do about it and he said no. Just if i felt like i'll pass out to be careful. Ummmm not helpful at all. Then I went to go get blood taken to run the test on my thyroid and I of course began to get the racing pulse and dizziness and tried to fight an oncoming anxiety attack because i was just told I have hypotension. Now my blood pressure seems to be fine, I typically run around 118/78. But right after they told me my BP was low it sent me into a spiraling panic for a long time. I had to go to Walmart, which is 15 minutes away from my house one night, just to go check my BP cause I was freaking out. Now I often find myself just randomly checking my pulse in my neck cause I feel like my heart is coming to a slow stop. I HATE THIS. Does anyone else have similarities? Thank you guys for support and I hope we can all get through this.

Michelle Chaney Independant Pampered Chef Consultant

WWW.PamperedChef.biz/MichelleChaney

850-217-6948

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
3Beautiful_Bugs
by Member on Jan. 14, 2011 at 7:50 PM

I find myself checking my heart - rate ALL the time. I check in on my neck too. My heart rate goes way up (above 120bpm)  when I stand up sometimes. When I am laying down my heartrate can get to as low as 55 bpm if I am relaxed,but then I will feel anxious because I think it's too slow so then my heartrate will speed up from the anxiety.The anxiety makes me feel lightheaded and dizzy at times and if I have a panic attack my heart-rate goes into the 200's.It is very scary.

txmommy75939
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2011 at 10:38 PM
I have low blood pressure too
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN