Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this part of a panic attack?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:59 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 327 Total Views

I was diagnosed with panic disorder in March. Currently, I take 200 mg of Zoloft a day. Today, I am feeling EXTREMELY anxious and there's no reason for it. Is this part of a panic attack?

IF YOU BOUGHT IT,

A TRUCK BROUGHT IT!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tam84
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:13 AM

yes. they seem to just come out of nowhere sometimes. You can have triggers you are not even aware of. The first time I ever had one I was just on the couch watching a movie relaxing then BAM! I thought  I was going to die. I kept asking myself what the hell? There was absolutely no reason for it and it just happened. The 2nd time my son and I were in Walmart and I just started feeling really anxious even though we didnt have anywhere else to be and I wasnt stressed at all. I just walked him over to the DS games to distract him while I did some breathing exercises so I wouldnt freak him out.

MOMOF2INTR
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Just because there is no reason for it, doesnt mean it cant happen.  It could always be something in the back of the mind or a quick thought but then it went away.  We just cant stress about how or why but how we can get through it and move on.  I dont think it was a full blown panic attack but feeling anxious is part of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)