Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get your toddler involved in chores...

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:52 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 204 Total Views

Small things maybe, like putting clothes in the hamper or picking up toys or even paper off the floor? Are they helpful or just get in the way? lol.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DominicsMommy07
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 1:29 PM

Yes i do.  He puts the clothes from the dryer to the hamper, he hands me the dishes out of the dishwasher for me to dry, and he carries around the dustpan till i get done sweeping, lol.  He is a huge help to me all day.  I am 20 weeks pregnant, so there are alot of times he will bend down and pick something up for me.  He will be 2 in March and i can't wait to see how much more he loves to do chores by then, lol.

Pregnancy ticker

aneela
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 1:42 PM

That is so wonderful! The picking stuff up definitely is a great help I am sure as the pregnancy continues! Do you give him any rewards for helping? Or maybe words of thanks and encouragement is enough?

Quoting DominicsMommy07:

Yes i do.  He puts the clothes from the dryer to the hamper, he hands me the dishes out of the dishwasher for me to dry, and he carries around the dustpan till i get done sweeping, lol.  He is a huge help to me all day.  I am 20 weeks pregnant, so there are alot of times he will bend down and pick something up for me.  He will be 2 in March and i can't wait to see how much more he loves to do chores by then, lol.

krispaulding
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 9:35 AM

My 4 yr old likes to help fold the laundry and she's not too bad w/ the washrags.  We make her and our 2 yr. old pick up their toys.  It is a big struggle though to get our 2 yr. to pick up the toys.  I'm teaching my 4 yr. old to also make up her bed.

DominicsMommy07
by on Dec. 19, 2008 at 11:57 AM

We don't give him any kind of reward other then telling him thank you very very much and that he is a big helper.  He is just happy that he gets to help me, lol.  He loves to help.  He wants to help with everything all the time. 

Pregnancy ticker

butterfly224
by Member on Dec. 19, 2008 at 5:51 PM

My 3 1/2 yr old son is a big help. He picks up his toys, carries unbreakables to the dinner table, takes his dish to the counter when done, helps sort laundry to wash and then puts away his clothes. He also loves to sweep and help vaccuum. I praise him and thank him and that is all he wants or needs at this age.

Come join the fun at cafemom.com/group/cbc

scarmor
by New Member on Dec. 21, 2008 at 11:44 PM

Yes, my toddler helps with a lot of things.  He's 2-1/2, and he helps me put clothes in the dryer (pushing them the rest of the way in), takes folded clothes to his room, and helps clean up his room.  He really loves to help.  Sometimes I have to do things over (refold the clothes he puts in his chair), but it's worth it to see how important it makes him feel. 

I also don't give rewards, except for praise ("You're such a big helper.  Thank you very much.") And then he talks about what a big helper he is (lol).

Share Your Pregnancy Success Story - Chance to Win $20 Gift Card
http://www.getting-pregnant-fast.com/pregnancy-stories.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)