Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you Introduce the Bible to Your Toddler

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:14 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 274 Total Views

My daughter is 4 1/2 years old and we are devout Baptist. I would like to introduce the Bible to my daughter. What is the right approach to do so? I welcome all comments.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
HaydensMommy007
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:50 AM

well my daughter is almost 16 months old. We say grace before each meal/snack. I do devotions with her. I pray out loud with her. When she does watch tv (rarely), she watches things like Veggie Tales. I bought a picture bible and when we have story time, this is what I read.

2 Samuel 22:3

3 my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
       my shield and the horn of my salvation.
       He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—
       from violent men you save me.

Bigmama4Jesus
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:46 AM

I am surprised you have not gotten more replies. Mine is 3 soon to be 4 in July. What I have done is shared Veggie Tale Videos with her. Read to her Christian story books such as Alice in Bibleland. The obvious one is go to Sunday School regular and she or he also will get interaction with other children. When we teach her to pray at church, before meals, and sometimes at bedtime we call it "talking to God". Since that is what we are doing and your teaching them what the word prayer means. There are also teaching tools you can get at most book stores. The kits with puzzles, short stories, worksheets, and activies are real neat. We also have a Veggie Tales devotional and I use parts of it that she can understand and leave the others for when she is older. She is even happy with me reading her one of those as a bedtime story.

jblume
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2009 at 10:34 AM

We have two boys, 5 & 3.  We started very young with them just having an open talk about who God is and what all He has done.  We also pray at the normal times (mealtime and bedtime) but we also just pray throughout the day for needs or circumstances as they arise. When we hear a siren we might just pause and pray for the injured and the rescue workers that are helping in that situation or when we hear someone is sickm or in need we pray.  It has been wonderful to see our five year old begin to pray throughout the day unprompted for things that concern him.  Another way that we have introduced the Bible to our boys is through a music resource called the Kingdom Kidz Club.  It is Bible verses set to music.  My boys love it!!!!!!!  I love it to because we pop the CD into the CD player in the van and we listen and sing God's word while we are driving down the road.  (I am memorizing the Bible right along with them!)  If you are interested in checking out the website for this CD the website is:  www.kingdomkidzclub.com

Basically just living your life authentically for the Lord and your  child will see that and begin to pick up on what you are doing!  Have a great day!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)