Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pit growling at 2 year old PIOG

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:42 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 235 Total Views

I had posted about my pit growling at my 2 year old a week ago.Well i have called every shelter and rescue group w/in a 100 mile radius and theyre all full and i have nobody to take him.So i have made an appt. at the vets office to have him euthanized.I have no choice.Hes a 7 year old pit that growls at my son 2 yrs.I also have a 8month old and he growls at me when i disipline him and pees on my kids things which are a sign of aggresion.Now my husband says thats not happening and he has high hopes for the dog.We had a huge fight and my kids are more important and if the dogs not gone saturday then me and my kids are.Its gonna be sad if i lose my marriage over this dog.Im hurt that my husband is letting it get to this he says if i leave thats my desicion and that hurts weve been together for 12 years i just hope everything works out but im not so sure

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LoriAnn87
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:17 PM

We had a dog and it was nipping at my son and as soon as did it twice she went back to the shelter. I'm sorry my son safety comes before the dog because I knew if we kept the dog something worst may have happen and we didn't want that to happen at all. I'm sorry your husband is a idiot and he needs to think about he saftey of his family because if the dog is doing this to your family he could do this to someone else or worst hurt them. No one wants to see a dog be put down but when you have a dog who is doing this it's best. Good luck.

SarahMommie
by Member on May. 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM

some rescues will come to a dog...I had a 5 yr old pit that was good with my first daughter but not with my second so I had to find him a new home...I actually posted an ad on craigslist and someone took him in who was at home all day and had no kids he was an awesome dog just not good with some children! did ya try craigslist?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)