Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have your toddlers been to the dentist yet?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:52 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 334 Total Views

My son, who just turned 3 in October went to his 1st dentist appointment today.  Just a regular check-up and he had 2 small cavities!!!  I was shocked.  He doesn't even eat that much junk, and I take really good care of his teeth.  I hope he's not a kid who's prone to getting cavities!  Ughhhh!  The dentist doesn't let the parents go back because the kids are more cooperative, which makes sense.  But they said he did great and they didn't have to numb him or anything when they filled the cavities because they were so small.  Anyone else's LO's had cavities?  I feel like such a shitty mom! 

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:54 PM

My oldest has been going to the dentist every 4-6 months since she was 12mo. My youngest hasnt gone yet she is 20 months and our dentist doesnt see them til 18 months. She will likely go next month.

by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:58 PM

my oldest just had his first dentist appt a few wks ago. just got his teeth looked at and cleaned. he did great. dentist said he has great teeth, no cavities... though i dont understand ur dentists point of view. i know my son would have been scared to death crying if i was not back there with him, he was scared enough as it was. he cooperates very well with other ppl, especially if i am there.

by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:15 AM
wow i didnt know they had to go to the dentist son just turned 3 today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:23 AM
My oldest DS 3yo has gone twice already no cavities. DS 11 months went a month ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:55 AM

My dd went and yea she kick the dentist in the face.... but her teeth looked good... hopefully next time will be better

by Member on Dec. 21, 2010 at 4:02 PM

My dd was 3 in May and went in March and November.  No cavities.   I was concerned b/c she had been on an antibiotic for a long time.  She goes to a pediatric dentist and they take them back without parents as well.  She did better than at the doctor, I was nervous at first but I think it is best.  He recommends taking them starting at 12 months so my 15 month old went at about 14 months.

by Member on Dec. 22, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Going tomorrow. Taking my Daughter for the first time she turned 3 last may. My son that is 7 has had cavities. I have very bad teeth. Take good care of both kids teeth and mine. Someone usually has a cavity or two. So I guuess I will see tomorrow. :O)

by Member on Dec. 23, 2010 at 8:58 AM

My boys went like 2 weeks ago and they did great. They both let the lady clean their teeth and they checked out great. I was thinking they would have some cavities just b/c they had never been before.

by on Dec. 23, 2010 at 9:13 AM
My daughter went in November. No cavities, but I am obsessive about her teeth being clean, we brush after almost every meal. We don't use floride to brush with since it is toxic, so I feel like I need to brush more often.
I DID want to mention that a dental office near me called small smiles got almost shut down with law suits. They would not let the parents go back with their children. A parent came back because their child was crying so hard that he/she couldnt catch his breath. Come to find out they strap them down in a velcro borrito type straight jacket to work on their teeth. The child soiled their pants and has a near panic attack at going to the dentist. I never leave my child EVER. Not even in the care of medical professionals. You dont know how they are going to treat your child when you are no there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 23, 2010 at 8:18 PM

All 3 of my big kids started going at the same time, I know my oldest should have gone when he was younger (he was 5 at his 1st visit) Lilah was 3 and Sofie (my '07 baby)  was 2.  They have gone 3times so far (every 6mo)  and are going Jan 8 for their next visit!!

So far both girls have never had a cavity but Ant had a cavitiy in between his front teeth.  They had to do 2 baby root canals and put caps on :(  poor little guy.  He hasnt had any cavities since tho. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)