Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wont eat vegetables help?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:40 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 310 Total Views

my dd is 4 and im trying to get her to eat vegs only thing she will eat is carrot sticks with ranch ive tried corn broccoli with cheese sauce how do you get your kids to eat vegetables? she is very hard headed do you have any recipes that have veges that are hidden in them or anything please

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kcook55
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:32 AM

my dd my 07 baby eats them she loves veggies she allergic to cheese and ranch so she dont get those but my 05 son likes to play games and say he dont like somethiing when i know he does. i hide veggies in his food and my kids have to at least try haves on there plate

HistoryPixie
by Member on Jul. 11, 2011 at 10:08 PM

I have started to re-introduce veggies to my son.  He will eat carrots and some broccoli know.  I also know that my MIL purees carrots or sweet potatoes and puts them in mac n' cheese.  I also have started making baked sweet potatoes fries that he loves.  It's been really hard as he used to love veggies about a year ago.

sunshinepraying
by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 3:43 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
confuzzledgrl05
by Member on Jul. 20, 2011 at 11:52 PM

I never had a problem with my kids but I heard if you puree some and put it in spaghetti sauce they never know.  They also have those drinks near the salads that have a ton of fruits and veggies in them.  My kids love all of them.

sunshinepraying
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:27 PM

DS also has trouble with his veggies. If your DD likes to dip things, you can let her dip her veggies in different dips. DS likes to do that. 

1busymommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:32 PM
I hisde them in smoothies... I just make them with my magic bullet. I put some frozen fruit, a juice, and some veggies. Spinach is great, but it turns it gree, my dd loves it, she can't even tell there is a veggie in it! :)
jadanoel
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I give my daughter just a few bites of vegetables 1st before I serve anything else (literally like 2 bites).  She knows she has to eat the small amount I give her before she gets anything else.  If we are somewhere else and the veggies get served along with everything else, she never eats them.  Works for us.  Hope it helps.

TrevorsMommy507
by Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:37 PM

jerry sinfeld's wife make s a cook book. Its the only way my kids EAT VEGGIES without knowing it. An they taste good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)