Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any 2007 moms trying to conceive or have new babies?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 12:07 AM
  • 75 Replies
  • 1173 Total Views

We found out we were pregnant in May, but I had a miscarriage in June at 11 wks.  We hope to start trying again next month. Curious ab how your 2007 babies are handling new/upcoming babies.  Would like some advice ab how to handle new baby sit with my just turned 4yrold DD.

by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bandgeek521
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 7:46 AM

We're not trying yet, but we've been *wanting* to, and we're hoping we'll be able to before too much longer...

hriabywx4
by Member on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:20 AM
I'm due in November. My 2007 "baby" is very excited to be a big brother. We have watched videos of newborns and infants, read books and talk about the baby tons. He is so cute, he'll walk up to my belly and start talking, if I answer him I get informed "I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to my little brother!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firewoman33
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:31 AM

I have a 4 mos old dd and a 3 almost 4yr old ds. 

I bought the book The New Baby by Mercer Mayer and included ds in baby discusions and the ultrasound appointment. When I got the Ultrasound pics I showed ds his pics and we compared the 2. We also went over pics of when I was pregnant with him and when he was a little baby. 

I also make a big deal about how he will always be my baby no matter how old he gets. He's my first or oldest baby. She my newest or youngest baby. 

He's taken it really well. He absolutely adores her. The only issue we've been having is he has been inserting himself whenever I give her attention. I just remind him to take turns. Like "right now it's Ava's turn to have her picture taken I will take your picture next" kind of thing. Otherwise he will put his face right over her or get right into the camera lense to block her completely out of the picture. He's fine as long as I give him equal billing, so to speak.

astridnermal
by Member on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Iam currently pregnant and due in February. My 2007 big boy is super excited to be a brother and he especially wants a sister lol. We had a misscarraige in Nov which was disappointing but now the time feels right to bring a baby into our family so things happen for a reason. Good Luck!

dolphingurl1286
by Member on Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:47 AM
I have my 4 yr old and an 8 month old. When I was pregnant, we made sure to involve her as much as we could. She went to Dr appts (unless I had to take my clothes off), we always talked about the new baby, and she was with us for the ultrasound to tell us we were having a boy. She loves her little brother. She's a very good big sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
07lilmama1108
by Member on Jul. 29, 2011 at 4:17 AM
We found out we're preggo with number two in June, I'm actually 14 weeks now and due the last day of Jan. Dd will be 4 in Nov and is so excited!! She tells everyone "I'm gunna be a big sister for my baby" lol! I didn't bring her to my first u/s and she was sooooo mad at me but I was at 7 am!!!! So I promised I wouldn't make an early apt next time and she could come with. She wants to be involved in every part of this process and I'm sure she'll be a great big sister!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:26 PM

I had a baby girl in April. My son loves her! He calls her his baby and always wants to play with her and show her his toys.

Read lots of books about the baby in Mommy's tummy and about being a new brother or sister. When I was pregnant, I had my son help me pick things out for her, like he got to pick an outfit out. He also picked out a gift to give her when she was born and I got a gift for her to "give" him. Also, once the baby is born, make sure they get a lot of time just for them. For example, DH and DS and days where they go out just the two of them. DH might take DS out to eat or to the playground. But it's just for DS. And once baby is born, involve big brother or sister in taking care of the baby. They can pick out the diaper the baby will wear (like Pampers has Sesame Street characters and DS loves to pick out which one she gets to wear each time), if you're bottle feeding, they can help with the bottle, pick out which outfit the baby is going to wear for the day, etc. Help them to feel involved and tell them what a big kid they are and how they're your special helper. They can help you with chores and such that the baby cannot do as well. 

mama_pink_tink
by Member on Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:30 PM

I'm going to be trying for #2 in september once my dh is home from his tour of duty and is more established. so lets hear more :)

Keylimepiex
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:32 PM

my 2007 baby is almost 4, and we have a 2 year old and a 7 month old as well now :)

Meghan9701
by Member on Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:53 PM

My 2007 baby will be four in October and his baby sister was born Dec. 2009.  She is 19 months  :-)   He is a great big brother!  always tells her she's beautiful, he's so sweet.  They can have their moments though!  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)