Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe how small my daughter used to be

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:57 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 628 Total Views

I think this pretty much every time I see a newborn, especially babies that are the same size my kids were when they were born, I always look at them and think "no way, they used to be this small" Well except for my last baby, he was 9 lbs and 22 1/2 inches and never seemed like a newborn at all.

Anyway, a friend of mine's baby was having a lot of trouble gaining weight, at 5 months old she was 11 lbs, she was so skinny her arms and legs were like sticks and she still needed newborn sized diapers. They finally started supplementing with formula and my friend told me last night her daughter is now 14 lbs at 6 months old. I was shocked because she looks so incredibly tiny still and my daughter was only 13 1/2 lbs at 6 months. I just can't get over how small that must have been. She didn't seem that small to me at the time, but I guess it's because I was just used to it. I wish they would stay babies longer :( She'll be 4 on Sunday and while she is still on the small side for her age she seems so big to me now. I just found out my baby due in May is looking very much like a boy, so I'm a little sad thinking I may never have another baby girl. That makes 3 boys and 1 girl for me. I love my new little boy already, but I had also really wanted my daughter to have a sister. Since it's probably my last I'm hoping this one will at least seem like a newborn for a little while.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
kcook55
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2011 at 10:16 PM

its crazy how fast they grow arielle was huge when she was born 7lbs and 0.8 oz and 21 inches long but she was 5 weeks early they expected her to be at least 10 lbs. she will be 4 yrs old on saturday she is my last baby shes about 35 lbs i think it crazy as a baby she was huge and fat but now shes skinny and pretty tall for her age

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)