Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom of a 2007 baby

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

My name is Tori and I am a mom to two wonderful boys. I am from a small town in Missouri. I married my high school sweetheart 3 years after the birth of our first son. I am going to school to get my degree in Early Childhood Education, I am almost done with it. 

JackJack is 5 and he was born on February 19,2007. He was born 12 weeks early due to preclampsia. He spent 12 weeks in the NICU. He had to have a blood transfusion and a double hernia repair surgery. He came home on oxygen and a feeding tube. He was on the oxygen until he was 6 months old but the feeding tube came out 5 days after beign home but he had to be on strong acid reflux meds until he was over a year old. He still has acid reflux but we can control it with diet and childrens tums. Today he is one of the tallest kids in his prekindergarten class and to look at him you would never know he was born premature. 

In 2010 he got a baby brother, Peanut. Peanut was born on June 14, 2010 and was also born early but only by 10 weeks. JackJack got to visit him in the NICU and was well behaved about the changes in his life. Peanut spent 5 weeks in the NICU and got to come home even before his due date with out any oxygen or feeding tube. We have had more diet issues with Peanut, he can not have whole milk and very little milk products because he is lactose intolerant. It took months for the doctors to tell me what was wrong with him because they kept telling me it was acid reflux. Today Peanut is close to two years old and is a chubby healthy baby boy. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
my2sweetjoys
by Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Your boys sound like fighters! That is so good to hear how they are both doing.

My 2 kids were preemies also.My daughter was born 5 weeks early and stayed in NICU for 6 days.My son was 8 weeks early and stayed in NICU for 8 days.It was struggle for those few days, I cannot imagine how hard it was for you with your babies.

I look forward to seeing pictures & getting to know you more! My son will be 5 in September so he starts Prek.He weighed 4 lbs 7 oz at birth and he is a chunky monkey now at 52 lbs.He is so excited to start school. 

nursenaenae
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Hello, my 2007 baby is 37# blonde hair blue eyed "baby girl" kallie....and full of mischief and LOVES church........
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)