Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What age???

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 654 Total Views

At what age should the kids be helping clean their rooms? And at what age can they clean their rooms alone?

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Madisonsmommy1
by Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I have always made my daughter who is 5 clean her room. I try not to go in there and help her but I have to go and clean out under her bed maybe once or twice a month its where all the lost and founds seem to be hiding. Then I sometimes will just looked through her toy box n that's where I will find socks. But other then that she cleans her own room and she puts her own clothes away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GGsMommy07
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Since my daughter was old enough to walk I taught her to put her toys back in her toy box
She even makes her bed now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anfisasmommy
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:16 PM

My 5 year old fights me tooth and nail ugh!!!

VioletPlacebo
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:43 AM

That depends on the child. My daughter's been helping me clean her room since she could toddle. Right now she can do it by herself but needs supervision to keep her on track. My 8 and 9 year old niece and nephew clean their rooms by themselves.

debramommyof4
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM

My kids have cleaned thier rooms by themselves since they were 4. My kids always from walking have helped clean thier rooms.

momtoalexis423
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I made Alexis start helping me clean up her room at 2, and she started doing it on her own at 4

LACHESIS
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Mine clean the living room (their mess) for fear of the dog eating their toys :/  We do the vacuuming but they have to clean stuff up for threat the dog will get it or it is going into the trash...  Mine are 4 and 5. We've been doing this about a year.

Come check out the  ✶The Mommy Club✶
40? Almost 40? Feel 40?
40ish and beyond...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel Mom to Joey,  Aiden and Lydia "Irish Twins"

dolphingurl1286
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM
This

Quoting momtoalexis423:

I made Alexis start helping me clean up her room at 2, and she started doing it on her own at 4

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessiecez
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My 5 yo son helps clean his room now. He really won't do it unless I ask him to though. I'm trying to teach him to "straighten" his bed when he gets up also. He likes to help empty the dishwasher, set and clear the table and now wants to help cook!

debramommyof4
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM

My 3 year old cleans his own room.  He shares with my 6 year old (next week) and he does pretty well on his day to clean the room.  But my 6 year old gets the room completely clean.  My 2 and 7 year old share.  My 2 year old knows how to clean but she has to have someone to redirect her attention back to cleaning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)