Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age should the kids be helping clean their rooms? And at what age can they clean their rooms alone?

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
Ilovemyprince82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM

It is a constant battle to get both of mine to clean their room. I do the clothes since I am very picky about there they go and how they go, but as for toys that is all them...however long it takes them. Now as for making there beds...they way their beds are designed it is not easy so they do the best they can.

lgilmore
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Both of my boys (6 and 4) clean their room (they share a room) i help sometimes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:33 AM
DD has always been responsible for picking up toys, clothes, etc. She started dusting, vacuuming, mopping and cleaning her bathroom when she turned 5 (she'll be 6 next week). She's not a pro, so I usually go in after her when she's not home and finish it up but she's got the basics down. She knows I am not a maid and is surprisingly diligent with keeping up with it.
wifeynmommie80
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:58 AM

4-5 make him pick up his own toys in the family room and he helps me load the dishwaher and unload, he does that happily, he cleans his room too on his own now, cleaning the room can be a task, because he hates doing that.

JaQuan_Jayla
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:42 AM

They can help at 2 . They can clean their room a lone at 4 

ravenal
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:39 PM

my dd cleans her room and has been since 3 yrs. I tell her you put it there? You pick it up... so its been drilled in her and we also played clean up time together and now she does it by her lonesome :)

07lilmama1108
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Since dd was 18 months, i taught her to pick up. But now she wants my help picking up and we're having to revisit this cleaning thing
LisaShirley
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I've had mine cleaning his since he was about 3.5/4. Now he does it on his own.

emrysmommy
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Mine cleans her room alone, makes bed and everything and has been since 4

Joie_momx2
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Quoting GGsMommy07:

Since my daughter was old enough to walk I taught her to put her toys back in her toy box
She even makes her bed now
Same with mine, the only thing I do is go through the clothes when I fold them to see if they are getting too small and go though the toys once a month to find any broken ones that need to be tossed.... I usually do the toy part when they are in school (avoiding the fight).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN