Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

next csrseat?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 365 Total Views

So Kira just turned 5 and still so tiney. I'm not sure exactly how much she weighs cause I haven't thought about it until now and her dr appt is Monday. Anywho, we've been using a Britax marathon carseat which goes up to like 65lbs but must have an inch from top of her head to the top of her seat. What carseat should I get next? What is the safest?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cassidysmom915
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM
My daughter has been using the graco turbo booster for a couple years now and we love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mkrhodes84
by New Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Same here with Hunter, after age 5 they are only required a booster so that the seat belts lay properly on them so it protects them ours has a back that holds the strap in the correct position love it!!

Quoting Cassidysmom915:

My daughter has been using the graco turbo booster for a couple years now and we love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lindsayhill2009
by New Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM

my son just turned five and i still have him in a 5 point harness and will keep him there until probley age 8-9 like my other our seat goes for a five point harness untill 65 pounds and can turn into a booster up until 100 pounds my older son who will be nine shortly just started using belt booster and it has the back on and i will not remove the back until age 12 or so and then use the bottom booster

kcook55
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 4:52 PM
arielle has a frontier 85
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed5312
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I'm new the group.  My 07 baby turned 5 in December.  He's 46.5 inches tall, 45 pounds.  We've got him in at britax frontier 85 to keep him harnessed.  Not ready for boostering yet. 

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Britax Frontier hands down. It has an 85 lb. weight limit which she will likely never reach but it has tall harness slots and turns into one of the best boosters out there. I have two for my son and will be buying another set for my daughter.

There are cheaper options but they aren't as great. The Graco Nautilus is popular but it turns into a HORRIBLE booster so chances are you'd have to buy another.

You can find the Frontier on sale for around $200 and it will last forever!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN