Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any with special needs kids ?? please

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:18 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

My son is 5 in kindergarten with a one and one aide .he has been having issues .hes asd since 2 /1/2 dx!!he is on risperdone and has behaviors that we are working on.in the last 3 weeks they have been calling cps for pety stuff.

1st they called cause i didnt know there was an early release day but didnt call my  alternative person first 

then they called cause they said his face was dirty...he was clean when he left the house

this most recent they called caus ehe was sick but they only tried me 2 imes and not my alternative at all

anyone have issues like this or have advice?

admins can u pu this in the right forum i saved to soon

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
my2sweetjoys
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I am sorry you are dealing with them calling cps for those things.It is an easy thing to forget about early dismissals, we have them like that here and it seems it is a days notice that they are getting out early.It seems like you need to talk with the school because it can be such petty things that cps will not hear anything more on the child.As far as a childs face, it can happen after they eat and if he is special needs, he may not know to wipe his face.I would set the school straight and I am sorry you are going through this.

I have a child, my oldest,hugs that grew up with adhd and I was called to the school all the time but they did not call social services.My daughter even went to school and told them I put her to bed without dinner every night.She would tell them she did not have lunch money, it would be in her bag and her teacher never checked them.The lunch room director called me and asked me why did I send her money, one more time and they would have to report.I went straight down to the school and opened her backpack to show her money.I told them she was on medicine and it made her say stuff just out of the blue, she had a wild imagination.One day she told her teacher that I had surgery to bring her little sister home.In her agenda was a big congrats on the new baby girl and I was thinking they had the wrong childs agenda.I had to tell the teacher I had surgery but did not deliver a child but had my c section reopened.It was crazy at the things I went throughhugsI hope you can get more advice

marisab
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:38 AM

thanks any advice i can is helpful...i am thinking of a lawyer

LACHESIS
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Seems like they are being petty :( Is he on an IEP? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN