Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sick child...frustrated!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:54 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 258 Total Views

Ahhhhh Im getting so frustrated with my son being sick for the past 5 days!  It started out Wednesday night his throat hurt.  Thursday morning he had a very mild fever pre motrin.  Took him to the dr he tested positive for strept.  Dr scheduled ENT appt for March about getting tonsils out.  Anyway, stayed home from school again Friday, but was perky through the day.  Saturday he woke up fine but barely ate anything and started feeling anuseous in the afternoon.  Was hungry for cereal by supper time and then threw up within an hour.  As we all know, milk is the worst thing to throw up lol.  Woke up once thru the night feeling like he was going to throw up again but didnt.  Sunday he was a little nauseous at times but only ate a piece of toast all day.  Today he was quiet but didnt complain of nausea.  Ate a yogurt, had some milk (i did not feed this to him) and pb crackers and tonight is sick again!  Im sooo frustrated!  I wish hed just get better!  Im a single mom and I hate being alone with him when hes sick.  I dont sleep coz at the slightest noise Im running to his room to try and divert any mess he may be getting ready to make into the garbage can lol.  Poor kid.  I guess I just needed to vent but I dont understand why hes only feeling ill at night!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
SandraB383
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:12 PM

If he's puking one day, don't let him eat at all the next day (or most of the day) and the day after only allow plain crackers/pretzels/toast and small amounts of gatorade/water at a time. Thats what I was always taught and always do. Hope he feels better :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)