Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pre-K in Texas

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 315 Total Views

So my dd2 is 5 and we recently moved to a new school district. I pulled her out of her old school with the intention of putting her back into prek at the new district... when I went to put her in they informed me that they "don't have room". Can I get in trouble for her not being in school now since they won't let her in and she was already in school previously. I know it's only prek but I'm still worried as heck.

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jenbah81
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM
No PreK is not required in Texas. You are ok. :o) A lot of people do it but a lot of people wait and just start in Kinder.
Pink_Love
by New Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM

i hope you're right. I know I got a letter from the school cop at the old school threatening truency cuz she had missed a week of school due to the flu.

Quoting jenbah81:

No PreK is not required in Texas. You are ok. :o) A lot of people do it but a lot of people wait and just start in Kinder.

jenbah81
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:13 PM
You might check then but I have never heard of PreK being mandatory. That is crazy that you got a letter like that.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

wifeynmommie80
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM

you are not gonna get in trouble, DS is in 5 and in K4 I have considered to pull him out myself till K5

alli1204
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I'm a kindergarten teacher in Texas. Pre k isn't mandatory so you have nothing to worry about.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN