Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trouble at school...already!

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2014 at 10:17 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 303 Total Views
My guy is 7, 2nd grade. We are on week 3 at school and he's miserable. Everyday I ask how school was and what they did, all he ever says is "it was fine". Yesterday I picked them up and asked my question and my daughter said, "He doesn't like school because he doesn't have any friends." I asked him who he plays with and he said no one will play with him. That he sits in the tunnel slide alone during recess. My heart shattered into a million pieces when I heard that. He has been classmates with these kids for 4 years and not a one of them even acknowledges that he is there. He said when he asks to play tag or whatever they tell him they have enough people already. What do I do? He's miserable and I hate the thought of him being so lonely all day. Any ideas on how to help him?
by on Sep. 10, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
TonysMom101307
by New Member on Sep. 15, 2014 at 7:01 PM

i would ask to speak with his teacher and maybe the e coach so that they could explain the importance of playing everyone and making new friends. if that doesnt help, then maybe encourage him to keep asking. i wish i could be of more help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)