Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is the average price

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:33 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 209 Total Views

of a saint puppy ...Nothing fancy just average ball park price

come join us for laughs , crys and a great support system
http://www.cafemom.com/group/mommascorner
by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
WildHairAcres
by Group Owner on May. 8, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I would say that the price of a pet puppy from a quality breeder would run between $900 - $1100.  Show puppies start around $1500 and go up from there.  Prices vary around the country.   If you see puppies advertised for much less than these, I would question it.  Is it a breeding for profit outfit or someone just breeding their pet quality dogs with no thought for health/guality concerns.  Occasionally a quality breeder will have an older puppy, or special needs dog available for a slightly lower price, but not very often.  If you would like names of breeders in your area, let me know and I can pm them to you.

DogsMom
by Member on May. 10, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Unfortunately in my area we do have too many back yard breeders. That is not to say some of them do not have good quality results, but they are breeding for the wrong reasons. Around here (midwest) you can easily find a saint for $300-$500. It is the yippy little ankle biters that are getting big price tags these days.  (I am not refering to well bred, well mannered small dogs. We also have a lot of Chis and Poms for-profit breeders.)

mommyOfours
by Member on May. 10, 2009 at 9:29 AM

I'm with the lastpost...  Michigan you can get a "pet" (no papered) Saint for about $300 to $500. People are dumb around here and place CKC Saints for $800 a lot of people don't know you can't CKC a pup till it's a year old unless it's parents are CKCed and the breeder "sells" you there numbers. AKC goes for about $1000 to $1500..... but Michigan is getting so bad it's hard to find show AKC around here. In fact I don't think I've seen anyone sell AKC for a while here... they just don't sell...... but I do have to say the most expensive dog sold here are English Bull Dogs.... ya know the cute little short teeth stuck out..... Even without papers they start at $1500 and range up to $2500.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)