Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!! Wally has a REALLY bad habit!!!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:41 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 181 Total Views

He eats cat poop!!!!   Any ideas how I can keep him out of the litter box.  I swat him with a paper, tell him no, tell him he's a bad dog---he doesn't care.  Any suggestions would be great.   Thanks   Judy

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommyOfours
by Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:09 AM

If your cats allow it... make sure theres a hood on the litter pan. In no time he's head will be to big to fit in it. You can try to move the litter box to a place he can't reach it. I used to keep mine ontop of my dryer cats never seemed to mind and it kept the dogs out.. When I first started taking Diddy to my firends house she used to have to shut the door to the room the litter was in cause he would get into it. Over time he kinda just started leaving it alone. I hope this helps.

CATCHERSMOM
by Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:14 AM

My poor kitty!!   His food had to be moved to higher ground because Sir Wally decided kitty food tasted pretty good and now he's moved on to the litter box.  I never thought (DUH) of putting the hood on the litter box.  I think I'm off to WalMart to get one. 

I love this group (and our St. Bernard) and wish more people would post and get involved.  I love to see the pictures of everybodies dogs.  I can see what I'm in store for--hahaha.

mommyOfours
by Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Just keep an eye on it for a little bit.... With Wally still being so small.... he might actually get his head stuck a few times before he realizes that the littler box is not for him. When one of my Saints is misbehaving I take an envelop and smack it on my hands..... it works I don't have to hit them and they normally bow there heads and walk the other way.

CATCHERSMOM
by Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:01 PM

wow great tip.  Thanks I'm going to try hitting my hand with the paper instead of his butt.  He does act ashamed (atleast for a minute) when we scold him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)