Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Jennifer Aniston Will Never Convince Us She Isn't Baby Crazy

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 1:42 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Jennifer Aniston Will Never Convince Us She Isn't Baby Crazy

Posted by Linda Sharps

In August, Star claimed that Jennifer Aniston had an "undeniable glow on her face," as well as a "suspicious bump" beneath her shirt. A "friend" quoted in the magazine said that "Jennifer looks pregnant," adding that "[Aniston is] bathed in an incredible glow, her belly looks fuller, and all of a sudden she's wearing looser clothing. All the signs are there."

Of course, that was just the latest in a seemingly endless number of tabloid rumors about Jennifer Aniston becoming a mom. And according to Aniston herself, once again it's not true. She recently told Hello! magazine, "No, we're not pregnant. It's just I quit smoking, so I've gained a couple of pounds."

You know, I've always thought that celebrities should just address their most persistent rumors in order to dial back the media attention, but Aniston proves this tactic doesn't always work. For whatever reason, the public cannot accept the truth when she (repeatedly) says she isn't pregnant.

I mean, people must really, really want her to get knocked up, because if the baby story wasn't so well received, it wouldn't sell so many tabloids. Which it most certainly does-take a look at this screenshot I took of just a few image results for "Jennifer Aniston pregnant."

According to the magazines, Jennifer Aniston is always either pregnant, pregnant with twins, or adopting. She's also constantly breaking up, hooking up, pining for Brad, or fighting with Angelina. Oh, and lately, she's supposedly eternally on the verge of getting married, although she has
once again attempted to set the record straight on that one to Hello! magazine:

Rumor number one: I am not planning to get married any time soon. I've been married once, and I don't know if I'll get married again. But I can tell you that as of this very moment, I have no plan to get married. Got that?

Totally! Mesage received, Jen! ... so will it be a big huge formal affair, or something more intimate? Will the gown be a maternity style? TELL US WHAT WE WANT TO HEEAARR.

It just goes to show you can't win when it comes to being famous and potentially fertile. Jessica Simpson won't confirm her (very obvious) pregnancy, and the media won't leave her alone. Jennifer Aniston has said time and time again that she's not pregnant, and the media still won't leave her alone.

To me the fascination with Jen seems weirder, though. It's like the public has this very strong idea of who Jennifer Aniston is, and nothing she says can convince them they have it wrong. Until she's married and pregnant, she seems doomed to be the lonely-heart spinster longing desperately for a baby and mourning the man she lost-even though all evidence points to the reality, which is that she's living a perfectly great life on her own terms.

Why do you think people are so obsessed with the idea of Jennifer Aniston having a baby?

Image via Star Magazine

by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivysMama
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I honestly can't figure this out. Jennifer Aniston seems to be the only thing people can write about. There have to be other things to gossip or lie about right? It's not that I don't like her, because I do...I just think it's time to stop re-hashing the same old crap.

Click the pic to join Dixons' Vixens! We'd love to have you!

adancemom
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Quoting LivysMama:

I honestly can't figure this out. Jennifer Aniston seems to be the only thing people can write about. There have to be other things to gossip or lie about right? It's not that I don't like her, because I do...I just think it's time to stop re-hashing the same old crap.

And when was the last time she did any acting that was worth watching?  That's the real puzzler, why is she still fodder for the tabloid headlines at all?

LivysMama
by on Oct. 26, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Yeah. I loved her in Friends, but I haven't really been impressed with the movie roles she has chosen since then personally. *Shrug* You're right, there are much more relevant stars out there!

Quoting adancemom:

Quoting LivysMama:

And when was the last time she did any acting that was worth watching?  That's the real puzzler, why is she still fodder for the tabloid headlines at all?

Click the pic to join Dixons' Vixens! We'd love to have you!

adancemom
by on Oct. 27, 2011 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Exactly!

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 28, 2011 at 12:40 AM

I think everyone knows how much she wants a baby, so that has a lot to do with it. 

splatz
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 7:58 PM
I think the media needs to give it a rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I agree. Leave the poor woman alone...no wonder she can't get pregnant lol

Quoting splatz:

I think the media needs to give it a rest.

mrsnoble2004
by on Nov. 1, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Yeah I might have to smack someone if I had to repeatedly say "I'm not pregnant I'm just fat."

LuckyStarr28
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:00 AM

One does gain weight when they quit smoking so maybe she is telling the truth. That, or she is finally preggers!!! :) :)

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 9:40 AM

laughing

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Yeah I might have to smack someone if I had to repeatedly say "I'm not pregnant I'm just fat."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)