Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Did this pregnant actress put her baby's life at risk by having a little vacation fun?

Posted by   + Show Post

There are so many no-nos during pregnancy, but every mom-to-be has to decide what she's comfortable doing.

I saw today that pregnant actress Elsa Pataky went down an inflatable waterslide off a yacht while vacationing in St. Barts. She recently announced the pregnancy and is due this spring.

Do you think she was putting her baby at risk? Or was this no more dangerous than lots of other things expecting moms do every day? (After all, baby is pretty well-cushioned in there!) Did you do anything like this while pregnant?

(image from the story at People.com)

by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Replies (21-30):
Jonasmom
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I went on a waterslide when I was about 5 months pregnant, I don't regret doing it.

Audreesmommy757
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

no i personally would not have done it but there are moms out their doing worse

Mama2ETA
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting hendrickson:

I fell on my stomach after tripping over my feet, when pregnant, and it put me into preterm labor... I would NEVER get on slide like that. Completely irresponsible!

Im sorry that happened to you, but falling ON your stomach, and sitting on your bottom and sliding are opposites. Not comparable. She isnt putting a blunt force to her stomach like your accident did.

MandiK
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I went down waterslides during both of my pregnancies... my kids are fine. I just didn't go on the ones that had a big impact at the bottom

BekaBug
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 10:38 AM
2 moms liked this

ive been through worse while pregnant. our growing babies are pretty snug in there. im 16 wks. the other week i took my ds (9mos) down a slide at a play place. dh was holding dd (2yrs) and we raced. :) i do however opted out of sky diving and snow board while pg. but.. my sil and i went sky diving together before she knew she was pregnant (she was a month or so) she has a happy healthy 3 yo now. not recommended but i known avid sky divers who continue to jump up to 5 mos.

IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I dont really see anything wrong with it..now if she was jumping on atrampoline or something more harmful like a roller coaster then yea..but a water slide? shoot...its gonna give when u hit it..yea it might be alsight jolt, but i mean it's nothing more than running..and i've seen a lot of pregnant women run and exercise while pregnant. :)

Proud_Muslimah
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

It's just a slide..... how dangerous can it be...

LittleBirdFly
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I would no have done it, just to be on the save side.

barnwell84
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I would have not done it.  I would think that if she would have went in the water more on her back then it would be ok.  I've gone swimming while pregnant & I was alot bigger than her.  I didn't do dives or jump in though.

Laura1427
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I doubt she did any harm to the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)