Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Britney Spears Could Save 'The X Factor'

Posted by   + Show Post

From The Stir:

Britney Spears Could Save 'The X Factor' 

posted by Maressa Brown 
on February 23, 2012 at 3:10 PM

britney spears in concert

Christina Aguilera is in her second season as a judge onThe Voice, and Jessica Simpson will soon be making her debut as a judge on Fashion Star, so it only makes sense now for Simon Cowell to take Britney Spears under his wing and make her the next X Factor judge. With Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger now fired from the flailing show, a source close to Spears says she has reached out to join the judges' panelCowell, in the meantime, is playing coy, saying he's "flattered that there could be interest," but other than that, he "couldn't comment on it."

If the man has the ability to make it happen, he must. Not only would it mean that the ultimate trifecta of early '00s pop princesses would have all morphed into reality talent show judges (which seems to make a lot of sense for some reason), but I'm convinced it would be the beginning of something promising for both Brit and The X Factor!

The fact is ... these two need one another.

Britney has been doing fine, making hits, touring, getting engaged, sure -- all seems less wackoville in Spears-Trawick Land these days. But getting a steady gig would probably be the icing on the cake -- not only for her mental well-being, but it would also give her the opportunity to hang in L.A., plan her wedding, spend time with her boys, etc. I can definitely see why Brit wants the job. It would serve her well.

Similarly, Cowell needs Brit. Who is watching The X Factor anyway? If we can conclude anything from the recent firings, the show has had major problems engaging a loyal audience. Britney fans are certainly loyal, and aside from that, even people who don't adore her will be curious to see how she fares. Will she be spacey and out-to-lunch a la American Idol era Paula? Or will she be quirky, cute, offer the show a dose of that Southern charm we all fell for circa "... Baby One More Time"? Either way, it'll be entertaining to watch. Much more so than that first season snooze-fest!

Move over, Ari Gold! I was born to be a Hollywood yente. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who can see -- it's plain as day that Britney Spears and Simon Cowell belong together.

Do you think Britney should be the next X Factor judge?

by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Nicki Minaj:

ashleybgarcia
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 7:01 PM
She can't sing tho..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomnwife
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM

same here! :crosses fingers:

Quoting legen.dary:

I love Brit.  I have never watched the X Factor, but I would if she was a judge on the show.

kara.haughton
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM
I love the idea of Britney being on the show. I have been a fan for years and I think it would be really good for her public image for people to not see her as the head-shaving Britney we saw a few years ago. And she may not sing live every show but neither does j.lo and ppl love her on AI. who else knows about the pressures of the biz, having longevity for over a decade, and still outselling some newcomers. Her last two tours made millions. So regardless of what people think, she would be amazing on the show! Can't wait to watch !
jbyrd898
by Jessica on Mar. 10, 2012 at 7:48 AM

wow! what  a crazy outfit!

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Another reason I'm a fan of Brit is because she isn't like today's stars, she's herself!!

Example:

Kei$ha..

baby
CindyAS2008
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I would definately tune in if Britney was a judge. I love lovvee looovvveee her!

PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Mar. 10, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Quoting MamaMandee:

Im a fan of Brit Brit and I think it would be great for both her and the show if she was to become a judge. I would even start watching it lol 

Me too.

HappyMama85
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM

not gonna lie, I would def start watching the show if she was a judge! love her!

HappyMama85
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Ugh I cant stand this bitch.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Nicki Minaj:

pampire
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM

If it will be good for Britney then I'm for it.  I like Britney.  She is the Courtney Love of her generation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN