Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Reports: Robin Gibb gravely ill in hospital

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

LONDON (AP) — Former Bee Gee Robin Gibb is gravely ill with pneumonia in a London hospital, British media reported Saturday.

The Sun newspaper reported that 62-year-old Gibb is in a coma, citing a family friend.

The newspaper and the Press Association news agency said family members including wife Dwina and brother Barry were at his bedside.

Gibb's publicist, Doug Wright, declined to comment, but Gibb's son has acknowledged that the 62-year-old musician is seriously ill in a hospital.

Gibb was hospitalized last year for stomach and colon problems and had intestinal surgery last month.

Gibb has not specified the exact nature of his illness — widely reported to be cancer — but told the BBC he had a growth on his colon that was removed.

He said earlier this year that he was making a good recovery, but was forced to miss the London premiere of his classical "Titanic Requiem" this week because of illness. His son Robin-John Gibbsaid the family was "praying for him and hoping he has a speedy recovery."

The Bee Gees — British-born, Australia-raised brothers Robin, Barry and Maurice Gibb — had a string of disco-era hits including "How Deep is Your Love" and "Stayin' Alive." Their soundtrack to the movie "Saturday Night Fever" was one of the best-selling albums of the 1970s.

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
gmadiane
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:39 PM

well I hope the best for him

shadenn766
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:20 PM

wow... i loved the bee gees back in the day...well wishes robin and many prayers

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:12 PM

:( sad!

cbk_mom3
by Mendy on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I heard this earlier. The Bee Gees were a huge part of my teenage years! So sad, especially since they already lost Andy, and Maurice a few years back. My prayers are with the Gibb family. Here is my favorite song by them. Although they had so many great ones in Saturday Nigh Fever, I still always loved this one.

BeachMommy07
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Quoting gmadiane:

well I hope the best for him

PinkParadox
by Beautifully Broken on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Quoting MamaMandee:

:( sad!

TateTwo
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2130029/Robin-Gibb-near-death-coma-Son-RJ-says-family-praying-recovery.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Really good article about his condition.  I just love the way his family is pulling together for him.  I really hope he gets through this battle.  Prayers up.

MrsNewman
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Wow. I wish him well. I hope he pulls through.

TateTwo
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Titanic Requieum - composed by Robin and his son RJ

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN