Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

CASEY ANTHONY'S LAWYER Thank You ABC For Paying for Our Defense

Posted by   + Show Post

Jose BaezCasey Anthony's lawyer, has for the first time publicly acknowledged he was able to mount a successful defense thanks to the money he got from ABC news.

Baez, who appeared on PBS's "Frontline," explained how they got $200,000 from ABC for photos of Casey and Caylee, and that money was used "so we could mount a proper defense."

In 2010, Casey's team divulged in the trial that they spent $275,000 on the defense, and the major portion came from the ABC deal. Now Baez explains the money was critical in beating the murder rap

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
abouttobeamom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh
praisinghim2day
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I see what she's saying. They profited from the photos. That money was used to pay the majority of the debt to the attorneys.... Money that wouldn't have been there had they not sold the photos. Overall, when it was all said and done, no, they didn't profit.
jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I have NO words!  NONE!  

AnotherKim
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:16 PM
4 moms liked this

There wouldn't have been any money if people hadn't been sick enough to want the pictures in the first place. Poor Cayleigh. I hope she's resting in peace.

MrsNewman
by Shayna on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM

aren't we done talking about her yet!? i wish the media would just let it die out ... she doesn't deserve this attention. 

gracieb3
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:43 PM
2 moms liked this

It's a shame that anyone would defend a guilty party. It's also a shame that innocent people are convicted because they are poor and guilty people set free because they can afford a good defense. This is just earth and the truth will prevail in in the end. God bless us all. 

heather4511
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Disgusting :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookie_spice
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Wasnt he pro-bono? Didnt he go before the court and say this is probono? Im not sure how he is collecting money and say its paying for her expences. Bet he wrote that off too.

helema24
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

it was critical in forming enough doubt and probably paying people off to get the woman off for haveing a hand in the death of that sweet little girl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)