Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

'Teen Mom' Leah Messer Doesn't Need Another Baby Right Now

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

'Teen Mom' Leah Messer Doesn't Need Another Baby Right Now

Posted by Mary Fischer 

leah messer

Teen Mom 2 star Leah Messer just got married a couple of weeks ago, and while she didn't have a shotgun wedding, there's already talk that she's trying to get knocked up again. You know -- because the only possible reason a 19-year-old would even consider getting hitched is because she's either got a bun in the oven -- or plans on getting pregnant immediately after the reception is over.

According to a new report from OK Magazine, Leah and her new husband Jeremy Calvert are super eager to get pregnant, because she really wants him to have "a baby of his own." That's all well and good (and totally understandable), but the last thing Leah needs right now is a third child. Shouldn't these two take a little time to get used to being newlyweds before throwing a newborn into the mix?

Leah's mom, Dawn Spears, seems to think so. Upon hearing that her daughter and new son-in-law were already trying to conceive, she tweeted: "I don't know where that info came from but it is a very unreliable source." Sure sounds like mama isn't too thrilled with the idea of becoming a grandmother again.

More from The Stir: 'Teen Mom' Leah Messer Should NOT Be Pregnant Right Now

Ok, so I think it's safe to assume that Leah is not pregnant (yet), but somehow I'm buying the idea of her wanting to be. First of all, she suffered a miscarriage a few months ago, so it makes sense that she would want to start trying for that third child again. Losing a baby is so devastating, so she may be eager to fill that void as quickly as she can. She also may see having a child with Jeremy as a surefire way to make sure their marriage works out -- although that plan didn't quite pan out with her ex-husband, Corey Simms. Hmm.

If Leah and Jeremy are smart, they'll wait a bit longer before taking the plunge and having a baby together. They are so young, and there's plenty of time down the road to deal with sleepless nights, dirty diapers, and sheer exhaustion. Plus, in less than a year, she won't even qualify for the title of "Teen Mom" anymore. Don't ya think they should at least hold out for that?

Do you think it's a mistake for Leah to get pregnant again?

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
heather4511
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:44 PM
I hope she waits. She's got a lot on her hands with one of her twins as it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM
She needs to wait a little longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I agree.

Quoting heather4511:

I hope she waits. She's got a lot on her hands with one of her twins as it is.

MrsNewman
by Shayna on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I think she should do what's best for HER and HER family! If she wants another baby, there is really no reason not to. She has already started her family, why does she need to keep it on hold because of her age? She is married now. 

PortiaRose
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Cuz she has nothing without her relationships or her children. She has a job, maybe, but she hasn't done anything for herself. She has no "self" yet.

Quoting MrsNewman:

I think she should do what's best for HER and HER family! If she wants another baby, there is really no reason not to. She has already started her family, why does she need to keep it on hold because of her age? She is married now. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsNewman
by Shayna on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I don't agree. I had 4 children by the time I was 23 and I have a great life, so do my children. I think she'll do great either way. 

Quoting PortiaRose:

Cuz she has nothing without her relationships or her children. She has a job, maybe, but she hasn't done anything for herself. She has no "self" yet.

Quoting MrsNewman:

PortiaRose
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM
She fucked up. But now she has the opportunity to make more out of her life. I don't think she wants to focus on herself, she is running from it, by having a family and being a wife.

Quoting MrsNewman:

I don't agree. I had 4 children by the time I was 23 and I have a great life, so do my children. I think she'll do great either way. 

Quoting PortiaRose:

Quoting MrsNewman:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriAnn87
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM

She really needs to stop and focuse on her girls instead of worrying about having another baby.

workoutmom2b1g
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I dont think its any of our business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)