Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Breaking news about the "pregnant man" - did you see this?

Posted by   + Show Post

Apparently Thomas Beatie had his final gender-reassignment surgery and has now separated from his wife of 9 years, with whom he has three children.

He said, "Like all marriages, we have our ups and downs, and we’re going through a rough patch right now. At the moment, we’re separated."

What do you think of this news? Do you even care? :) If anything I guess this shows how normal their relationship was/is - susceptible to the same struggles as any other couple.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Replies (181-190):
Mom2Addison12
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

first off, i have no issue with transgenders.

what i have a problem with, is this IT, claiming it is a man, but has the female organs, it doesn't know what he wants.

i have my opinion, and it is an it, and you have yours.

Quoting a3b1gmom:

He is not an it. He cannot help he was born female feeling like a male. Its people like u that there is discrimination and intolerance in this world.

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

who cares to be honest with you.

i don't think that it's a man. it's still a woman....it can bare children, so it is a woman.

and i call it an it, because that's what it is to be honest.

eviesmom453
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM
[quote name="Mom2Addison12" id="0"]

who cares to be honest with you.

i don't think that it's a man. it's still a woman....it can bare children, so it is a woman.

and i call it an it, because that's what it is to be honest.

[/quo te]

Huh? You say he's a woman and an it? Which is it???
luvmyaustin
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM

just like any relationship does not matter who he or she is

randomosityblog
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting blessedbundle:

Quoting emy2010:

He's a woman therefore they're lesbians. Nasty!

Really......OMG grow up

The ones that call lesbians nasty usually come falling out of the closet the hardest.

Blue_Spiral
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM
6 moms liked this

If you can use god as an excuse to ridicule people then I'm going to use unicorns to justify my desire to eat pizza.

Jims_wife
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I am shocked and saddened reading some of these comments written by mothers.  What happened to compassion? Love? Do you teach your children hate? Putting people down? Is that how we teach our children to treat others? No. You are nurturers. Please teach your children respect and tolerance. When we teach them to judge others, we teach them arrogance and a disrespect for anyone who might be a bit different. You are raising bullies!

Blue_Spiral
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting blessedbundle:

Quoting emy2010:

He's a woman therefore they're lesbians. Nasty!

Really......OMG grow up

The ones that call lesbians nasty usually come falling out of the closet the hardest.

They actually just did a study on that.

I mean, they decided to see if the old joke was statistically true that those who make the biggest uproar about homosexuality have strong tendencies towards it themselves.

They found that it was absolutely true. I wonder if I can find the link somewhere to the article I read.

randomosityblog
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM

*scratches head*

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

first off, i have no issue with transgenders.

what i have a problem with, is this IT, claiming it is a man, but has the female organs, it doesn't know what he wants.

i have my opinion, and it is an it, and you have yours. 

Clarkwife
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Great for him on the gender reassignment. I am sorry to hear that they separated, but that is an unfortunate reality in today's society.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Numom61507
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM

They were probably arguing over who wears the maternity pants in the relationship..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)