Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Breaking news about the "pregnant man" - did you see this?

Posted by   + Show Post

Apparently Thomas Beatie had his final gender-reassignment surgery and has now separated from his wife of 9 years, with whom he has three children.

He said, "Like all marriages, we have our ups and downs, and we’re going through a rough patch right now. At the moment, we’re separated."

What do you think of this news? Do you even care? :) If anything I guess this shows how normal their relationship was/is - susceptible to the same struggles as any other couple.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:09 PM
I remember him/her on Oprah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erica7227
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Sad they are separating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bugsmama1025
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM
5 moms liked this
Ugh!! "He" was born a woman. That's why "he" was able to have a baby. A MAN did not give birth to a baby, a woman did. News headlines are stupid "Man gives birth to baby!".......umm...not exactly...
MaryAnn1961
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:13 PM
6 moms liked this

As with all divorces I think it's heart breaking.  I have seen interviews with him and his wife and they both seem like wonderful, loving people just trying to make their way in this life.  My prayers are with them.

reynab27
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
He's trying to be like all the famous stars that go thro separations except no one really cares to be honest
jadedcynic
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:14 PM
18 moms liked this

He has had his final surgery, he is a man. He has identified as a man this entire time and should be considered as such.

emy2010
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:14 PM
3 moms liked this
He's a woman therefore they're lesbians. Nasty!
IQuitCounting
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM
25 moms liked this

Uh, those that are saying he's still a woman, he can bear kids, blah blah blah.  He had his final gender reassignment surgery, meaning he can no longer bear children, he now has the appropriate parts of that of the male persuasion.  Take the time to read the article, geesh.

On top of it, the ownership of a uterus does not a woman make.  By that ridiculous definition anyone that has had a hysterectomy is no longer a woman.

Mrs.Sells
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:17 PM
14 moms liked this

There must be something wrong with you for making that comment. It's fine if you disagree, but there si no reason to be mean about it. 

Quoting emy2010:

He's a woman therefore they're lesbians. Nasty!

isabella48092
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:17 PM
She
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)