Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

'HUNGER GAMES' STAR Tricks Grocery Store Into Selling Him Whiskey

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

19-year-old "Hunger Games" star Josh Hutcherson took a not-so-cheap shot at a Ralph's Grocery store -- he posed as over 21 and got the check out clerk to sell him an expensive bottle of whiskey.

We got this pic of Josh leaving the Ralph's in Sherman Oaks on April 18 with a bottle of Macallan whisky in hand -- which, by the way, goes for $170.

A source tells TMZ ... Josh used a fake ID to score the bottle.

It's interesting ... a few weeks ago we got Josh on camera, grousing, "I think the age to go to war is 18 ... so I think the drinking age should be 18 as well."

A spokesperson for Ralphs tells TMZ, "We strictly enforce all laws relating to the sale of alcohol to minors.  We will investigate these allegations and take any steps necessary."

Josh could be prosecuted and the maximum punishment is 6 months in jail, although in reality he'd spend no time behind bars.  Authorities could also go after Ralph's for selling to a minor.

We reached out to Josh's rep.  So far, no comment.

When you were younger did you ever use a fake ID?

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lovingwifey
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I never used a fake ID.  Wait, no no I didn't.  I did however drink underage.  I joined the Army right out of high school.  My theory has always been, if I can join the military then I can drink.  My superiors "knew" just never did anything because I never acted stupid.  All I had to do in Vegas was pull out my Military ID card and I was good to go. lol. 

As for what he did, that was wrong.  You should never trick someone to give you whiskey.  

Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I did so I could go to bars with my boyfriend (now DH). He's 2 years older than me.

Jessica020410
by Jessica on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:29 PM
I've never used a fake ID. Never even drank.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:17 PM

never used a fake id

liz.1986
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

No, I just got people 21 or over to buy me alcohol. lol

TateTwo
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:17 AM

LOL...I did, too.  I never drank until my first duty station where, at 18, I got drunk on port.  Got sick as a dog LOL

Quoting lovingwifey:

I never used a fake ID.  Wait, no no I didn't.  I did however drink underage.  I joined the Army right out of high school.  My theory has always been, if I can join the military then I can drink.  My superiors "knew" just never did anything because I never acted stupid.  All I had to do in Vegas was pull out my Military ID card and I was good to go. lol. 

As for what he did, that was wrong.  You should never trick someone to give you whiskey.  

jltplk25
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Theres a reason 21 is the legal age but no one abides by it. Lol. I sure didnt. I was throwing back jello shots at 15.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:13 PM
No, I didn't.
MrsNewman
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Never had one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)