Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Whitney Cummings gets an E! talk show, which may not be good news for 'Whitney'

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  • 6 Replies

Whitney Cummings will definitely have a show on the air in the fall on a network within the NBC Universal family. But probably not two.

E! announced Monday (April 30) that it has greenlit a weekly talk show called"Love You, Mean It with Whitney Cummings," which debut later this year. In the release announcing the show, Cummings says, "This show gives me a chance to get back to my stand-up roots. And I'm really excited to be able to say (almost) whatever I'd like on TV again. So thanks, E!"

Cummings' new show wouldn't necessarily preclude a second season of "Whitney" on NBC, but it's usually not a good sign when the star (and in this case, creator) of a show on the bubble takes another job. NBC and E! are both part of the NBC Universal conglomerate, so we have to figure there was at least some sort of inter-office discussion about it.

Cummings' line about getting to say whatever she wants also reads to us like a bit of a jab at NBC.

As for the new show, E! says "Love You, Mean It" will be a "weekly medley of witty commentary featuring Whitney's take on everything from the biggest pop culture and celebrity happenings, to life, relationships, sex, and more." Celebrity guests and some of her comedian friends will join her on the show, which will be paired with "The Soup" on Wednesday nights.

Chelsea Handler, Cummings' Wednesday-night comedy partner on NBC for a time this season, is executive producing "Love You, Mean It" with Cummings and Tom Brunelle.

Do you watch Whitney? Are you a fan of Whitney Cummings?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I never watched Whitney so I don't care if it comes back or not. But I read somewhere that NBC isn't going to renew both Whitney and Are You There Chelsea, so I'm hoping this means that Are You There Chelsea is getting another season.

sara_7106
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:50 PM
I don't watch her sitcom but might watch a talk show
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I dont know who she is but best of luck to her

heather4511
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:51 PM
I liked the show Whitney. It made me laugh. But I don't know if I'd like her to have a talk show? Plus I thought chelsea didn't like her? That was always the impression I got. Hmm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:03 PM
I watched her show a few times as I find her funny but just didn't get into it. I too might watch her talkshow.

Quoting sara_7106:

I don't watch her sitcom but might watch a talk show
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monjerm01
by Monica on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Quoting gmadiane:

I dont know who she is but best of luck to her

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN