Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop Culture Junkies Pop Culture Junkies

Jessica Simpson's Gift From Nick Lachey Reveals How the Ex-'Newlyweds' Really Feel

Posted by   + Show Post

jessica simpson and nick lachey newlywedsJessica Simpson may be known best these days for her successful foray into fashion, but once upon a time, she was an MTV reality star who had the world giggling at her commentary on Chicken of the Sea tuna and Buffalo wings. There was a lot to love about watching her with then-hubby Nick Lachey on their short-lived show Newlyweds. When it all fell apart and the two split, fans everywhere were crushed, myself included! But, that feels like a million years ago now that the two have moved on to get engaged/married and preggers with other partners. As we all know, Jess finally popped out her lil' girl with fiance Eric Johnson, Maxwell Drew, and Nick and wife Vanessa Lachey (nee Minnillo) have a baby on the way. Still, I've always wondered if the two still speak at all?

Well, it looks like, at the very least, they're on friendly terms. Because reportedly, Nick and Vanessa have already sent over a lovely baby gift for little Maxie! 

According to a source who spoke with Hollywood Life, "A large basket of pink and white cookies were delivered to Jessica's hospital room at Cedars-Sinai earlier from Nick and Vanessa." Aww! Very sweet!

So, there you have it, people. There's no nasty bad blood between these former Newlyweds! Sure, it might even seem crazy to think that either would harbor bad feelings for the other at this point, when they've both so obviously moved on -- big time. But you never know. That seemed like a pretty rough divorce and it played out in front of the public eye and the two had really built up their careers initially as a couple. But, being that they really do strike me as down-to-earth, sweet people, I guess I'm not at all that surprised that they're playing nice these days.

Good for them! Those of us who have always rooted for them can be even happier now that we know they're comfortable congratulating one another's exciting milestones. (The only question that remains: Will John Mayer jump on the baby gift bandwagon!? He totally should!)

Were you a fan of Newlyweds? Are you surprised Nick and Jess are on such good terms?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
jltplk25
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:10 PM
I used to watch it. I think Nick is a great guy with a big heart. It could also have been hisnway of saying theyre not enemies and theres no competition between them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monjerm01
by Monica on May. 2, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Agree!!

Quoting MrsNewman:

I loved that show! I was pretty sad when they split to! But it all worked out for both of them! Im glad they can still be friends. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msjaxon
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 10:16 PM
How nice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starleet
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:41 AM

At least they get along. That is great.

http://marcisnails.blogspot.com/

gmadiane
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I never watched their show

ticklesurpickle
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I was a huge fan of the show! I am not surprised at all that they remain friendly.

MamaBear2cubs
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I loved them way back when lol. I think it was nice to send them a baby gift!

happinessforyou
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Wow- some class!! Good job Nick.

sunny298
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I did watch it sometimes- they both seem very down to earth and I am not surprised that they are still on good terms!  Good for them!  :)

CherryBlossom4
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Aw! That is very thoughtful. I wouldn't have guessed tat they were friendly like that. That is awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN