Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snooki Calls Out Her Bullies: Takes One to Know One

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM
  • 2 Replies

Snooki Calls Out Her Bullies: Takes One to Know One

Posted by Mary Fischer

snooki

Poor Snooki must be feeling a little bit emotional now that she's pregnant, because she's really starting to feel the weight of people bullying her -- you know, because she's a HUGE Jersey Shore celebrity. And no, I'm not talking about her baby bump, because I don't believe in putting down pregnant women like that. She even told V Magazine that she is probably the #1 most bullied celebrity in Hollywood. (Really?!)

Call me crazy, but didn't Snooks recently find herself backpedaling a bit after saying she'd "die" if her baby bump were as big as Jessica Simpson's? And doesn't giving Jess a hard time about her weight kind of sound a lot like bullying? And isn't bullying the exact thing that Snooki is upset about these days? I guess it's a lot easier to dish out criticism than to take it.

Before I go any further, I'd better go ahead and put it out there that I really do love Snooki, which is why it bothers me so much to see her complaining about people putting her down.

More from The Stir: Snooki Tells Off 'Tanning Mom'

She insists that she gets a lot of grief because she "doesn't follow trends" and "doesn't try to fit in like everyone else in Hollywood." And honestly, that's one of the things that makes her so endearing! I love that she totally lacks a filter (just like me) and doesn't worry about doing things to please other people, which is why she shouldn't let a little thing like criticism get to her. It kind of goes with the territory when you're in the public eye, as she should know all to well by now.

And as for talking openly about being bullied, all that does is make it sound like she's crying out for sympathy or extra attention, which are two things she most definitely doesn't need. Snooki is a tough cookie, and she's going to be a great mom (despite what the haters say), so she should just let any insults go in one ear and out the other instead of hinting that people's comments are actually getting to her.

Do you think Snooki deserves all of the harsh criticism people give her?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gmadiane
by Diane on May. 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I dont know, probably not but when you put yourself out there people talk, gotta take the good with the bad

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I honestly don't know enough about her to say!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)