Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'Teen Mom' Leah Messer's Bad Habit Is Hurting Her Loved Ones

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

'Teen Mom' Leah Messer's Bad Habit Is Hurting Her Loved Ones

Posted by Maressa Brown

leah messer smokingTeen Mom's Leah Messer, mom to twin girls Aleeah and Aliannah, has come clean about her dirty, not-so-little secret. She confessed to her Twitter followers earlier today: "I really wanna quit smoking! .. It's such a bad example for my girls #itsanewday to change anything and everything! #aliandaleeah #JLC" Whaaa? Who knew she smoked in the first place? Lots of fans seemed shocked to hear it.

That may be because while she's been a smoker for some time, MTV has never shown her indulging in the nasty vice on the show, and she says she didn't smoke during her pregnancy and reportedly doesn't do it around her twins. But paparazzi have caught her mid-ciggie (see: photographic proof to the left), so yep -- it's clearly a habit she could stand to kick! If not only because she'll be better off health-wise, but also because, if she doesn't, she's hurting her loved ones.

As the daughter of two middle-aged life-long smokers, I'll admit I don't have much sympathy for those who cling to their death sticks. It nauseates me, and I can't wrap my head around the idea of anyone thinking it's okay to keep spending their hard-earned dough on something deadly that also makes them a social pariah! And yeah, I guess I could say "to each their own!" and have the attitude of "live and let live," but not when it comes to smoking.

More from The Stir: Teen Mom' Leah Messer Wants to Be the Next Kate Gosselin

That's because not only are smokers like Leah and my parents setting a poor example for their kids, they're hurting them directly and indirectly. Second-hand smoke isn't a joke. Even if smokers find a way to avoid puffing around their loved ones, they're still wreaking like it and ultimately, chipping away at their livelihood, which hurts anyone who cares about them.

Thankfully, Leah seems to understand this and realize that by continuing to smoke, she isn't just hurting herself. But by resolving to quit, she's making an admirable, selfless move. Other smokers could stand to follow her lead.

What do you think about Leah Messer's commitment to quit smoking? Do you agree it's a selfish habit?

Image via Splash News

by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CherryBlossom4
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I do think smoking is a selfish habit and I wish her the best in quitting! <3

johnny4ever
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Not a fan of hers..period.

monjerm01
by Monica on May. 9, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Smoking is DISGUSTING!

I hope she can quit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sara_7106
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Hope she can quit. Funny how they edited it out of the show.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monjerm01
by Monica on May. 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM
I thought so too.. Most of the teen mom probably do but we don't know about it.

Quoting sara_7106:

Hope she can quit. Funny how they edited it out of the show.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)